Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1998 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Fielding Glove

Player fielding gloves are very rare. Curious to know your opinion on why you think there is no interest in the 1998 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Fielding Glove on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141611121948...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is the 2nd time it was listed. Is it because of price? Location of seller? No investment potential? Lack of interest in Arod stuff?

I did make an offer of $1,800 but seller said he wants $2,500.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: 1998 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Fielding Glove

I would love to own this glove and if A-Rod didn't become just another liar and a cheat, that glove would fetch $5000, probably with an asking price closer to $12,000. He obviously wants to get back the money he put in. A-Rod would have to put up numbers like he did on steroids saving a few cats up in trees while rounding the bases before any sane person would shell out big money for his stuff. I'm more made I didn't jump on more Cano gear when he jumped ship for Seattle. Now his prices are climbing again.
    -Devin

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    I would love to own this glove and if A-Rod didn't become just another liar and a cheat, that glove would fetch $5000, probably with an asking price closer to $12,000. He obviously wants to get back the money he put in. A-Rod would have to put up numbers like he did on steroids saving a few cats up in trees while rounding the bases before any sane person would shell out big money for his stuff. I'm more made I didn't jump on more Cano gear when he jumped ship for Seattle. Now his prices are climbing again.
    -Devin
    He paid $5,000 for the glove, so he's definitely taking a loss. I guess true Arod collectors, and not investors, will be more interested still in his stuff. Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I love game used gloves. They are rare. I have 6 Maddux gloves and one each from most of the 500 HR hitters but $5000 for ARod is too much. He won't be in the HOF as will most of the steroid laced players even though Clemens and Bonds might give it a run in the next 5 years when we become more tolerant of them knowing they had the abilities prior to turning to the dark side. I paid $1300 for McGwire's glove and would expect an ARod glove to run about $1500.
    Bonds would attract $5000. Most players only use 1-2 gloves per season so they are more attractive for the investor. Griffey glove went for $9000 a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    I love game used gloves. They are rare. I have 6 Maddux gloves and one each from most of the 500 HR hitters but $5000 for ARod is too much. He won't be in the HOF as will most of the steroid laced players even though Clemens and Bonds might give it a run in the next 5 years when we become more tolerant of them knowing they had the abilities prior to turning to the dark side. I paid $1300 for McGwire's glove and would expect an ARod glove to run about $1500.
    Bonds would attract $5000. Most players only use 1-2 gloves per season so they are more attractive for the investor. Griffey glove went for $9000 a few weeks ago.
    Wow, 6 Maddux fielding gloves...impressive!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    Any photos of all the gloves Chess, would love to see.

Glove sold for $2,700 outside of ebay.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]