Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wilson buys Louisville Slugger

Someone posted this on net54. Figured members here would like to read about it.

http://www.14news.com/story/28588688...sporting-goods

Re: Wilson buys Louisville Slugger

Congratulations on the sale, Brian.

Thanks I guess, it was either sell or have the bank sell it. At least this way we contain some control and keep the factory and museum going. Hopefully, the Louisville Slugger brand will now have the support and resources it needs to become what it should have been.
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Thanks I guess, it was either sell or have the bank sell it. At least this way we contain some control and keep the factory and museum going. Hopefully, the Louisville Slugger brand will now have the support and resources it needs to become what it should have been.
    It's always nice to have some say in the family legacy. That beats the bank selling any day.

Brian,
    Wanted to say thanks for all of the help over the past few years you've given myself and many others who were trying to add to their collections. It was always nice to be able to learn more about the specifics of the bats and be able to spot a fake. Hopefully you're able to stay involved somehow with the company. Thanks again for taking the time to help many of us out when it didn't really benefit you at all.

Thanks again and hope all is well,
    Joe

admin_old

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    Brian,
    Wanted to say thanks for all of the help over the past few years you've given myself and many others who were trying to add to their collections. It was always nice to be able to learn more about the specifics of the bats and be able to spot a fake. Hopefully you're able to stay involved somehow with the company. Thanks again for taking the time to help many of us out when it didn't really benefit you at all.

Thanks again and hope all is well,
    Joe
    Well said, Brian, you have been great to our community. Thank you.

Doug

Congrats Brian!

Will we see the "WILSON" logo on Louisville slugger bats in the future like SAM bats had when Wilson became a distributor?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks for the support guys. It was not an easy decision for my family. Hell, I first learned of it while on the road in Arizona. I didn't even know we were shopping for a buyer. Between recalls, jury verdicts, bad roll outs, and forecasting failures we had worked ourselves into quite a mess. To give you an idea several years ago Nike offered us 400 million (this was what I was told) to sell and we said no. We sold LS for 70 million.
    I am still employed by Hillerich & Bradsby as the Pro Bat Production Manager and model maker. Our sales reps now work for Louisville Slugger. Basically we are now the OEM for Louisville Slugger much like our suppliers of composite/metal bats were for us. It's going to take some getting used too. They now own all our brands (anything with LS in it) and our autographs. Anything in the museum is ours and we are allowed to sell LS merchandise through the museum store, just not online. That goes through Louisville Slugger.

As for branding, it will remain the same.

There are many questions still up in the air. I have already had talks with MLB about our status and insurance but have no answers. Samples, remakes, order entry errors, our mistakes and lead times have not been discussed with me. In fact I have not been involved at all in the talks. As for the information I usually supply on this site I am unsure if it's mine to give out anymore...
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Thanks for the support guys. It was not an easy decision for my family. Hell, I first learned of it while on the road in Arizona. I didn't even know we were shopping for a buyer. Between recalls, jury verdicts, bad roll outs, and forecasting failures we had worked ourselves into quite a mess. To give you an idea several years ago Nike offered us 400 million (this was what I was told) to sell and we said no. We sold LS for 70 million.
    I am still employed by Hillerich & Bradsby as the Pro Bat Production Manager and model maker. Our sales reps now work for Louisville Slugger. Basically we are now the OEM for Louisville Slugger much like our suppliers of composite/metal bats were for us. It's going to take some getting used too. They now own all our brands (anything with LS in it) and our autographs. Anything in the museum is ours and we are allowed to sell LS merchandise through the museum store, just not online. That goes through Louisville Slugger.

As for branding, it will remain the same.

There are many questions still up in the air. I have already had talks with MLB about our status and insurance but have no answers. Samples, remakes, order entry errors, our mistakes and lead times have not been discussed with me. In fact I have not been involved at all in the talks. As for the information I usually supply on this site I am unsure if it's mine to give out anymore...
    Best of luck during the sale and transition Brian. Hey, not sure if you had seen this thread on Net54, but thought that you would be the best person to answer the historical question re your company's first bats...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...42#post1385442
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca