Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Barry Bonds - It's Not My Fault, It's Always Someone Else's

Sorry Howard - McGwire is no HOFer..........and his not answering questions shows the spineless - gutless person he really is. I wouldn't want to talk about my past if I had to lie to cover up mistakes...........

Don Mattingly will never make the HOF and McGwire doesn't even come close to Mattingly relative to offense - defense ( Mattingly had 9 gold gloves ) - being a team player and leader - and attitude on and off the field.....Mattingly won a MVP and a batting title and he should have won the MVP in 1986 ( sorry Clemens fans ). Yeah - he hit more HRs than Donnie did - but too much emphasis is placed on HRs by fans and the media.

McGwire was Dave Kingman on steroids - that's all he was..................and we know Kingman is never getting in.............

We'll disagree for sure - but he wasn't even near one of the best players ( all around ) while he played and definitely not in the history of the game........

jim

Thumbs up Re: Barry Bonds - It's Not My Fault, It's Always Someone Else's

Unfortunatley, we live in a society today where it is so common for people to lie, cheat, and steal today, especially in business and sports. Heck, we even have military people who do wrong and are rewarded with medals. Do they deserve the medal, no, but that's life today. Police Officers, Judges, business, etc. My point is, in a perfect world, everything that is being said would be great. However, reality is reality. Favoritism is favoritism. We all know how it works. Don't agree with it, but again it's life today.

I don't think anyone who lies, cheats, or steals should benefit or be rewarded in any way...period. But it happens, the negatives are overlooked depending on who is it and if they're liked, and again that's reality today.

We all know what should be done. But I do believe in innocent until proven guilty. Facts are facts and you can't argue with facts. But people just love to judge.

Do I believe McGwire used steroids, yes. Based on how he resonded at the hearing. Do I believe the guy down the street from me is selling drugs out of his house..yes. Not much I can do about it until he is caught and found guilty.

I may come across hard, but I'm just a realist.

Would I vote for McGwire...NO! I don't care how many home runs he it. I'm an avide Arod fan. If it was proven he used steroids, I wouldnt be a fan and wouldn't want him in the hall of fame. Don't care what positive he did give. He cheated!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Would I vote for McGwire...NO! I don't care how many home runs he it. I'm an avide Arod fan. If it was proven he used steroids, I wouldnt be a fan and wouldn't want him in the hall of fame. Don't care what positive he did give. He cheated!

Tony
    Sorry for the typo's: Would I vote for McGwire...NO! I don't care how many home runs he hit. I'm an avid Arod fan. I f it was proven he used steroids, I wouldnt be a fan and wouldn't want him in the hall of fame. I don't care what positives he did give. He cheated!

I agree with the previous posts.
    I love the "Dave Kingman on steroids" line.

McGwire's statistical achievements:
    1626 hits
    .263 lifetime avg.

These are not first ballot hall-of-fame numbers. Period.

Everyone's talking and writing about steroids, but it's McGwire's lifetime numbers that complete the tale.

But, remember, even Joe DiMaggio didn't get elected to the HOF until his third year of eligibility.

However, I, for one, won't be a hypocrite and say that it wasn't a blast watching McGwire (and Sosa) resurrect the game in 1998.
    He was large, and larger than the game that year.

So time will tell if he gets a membership card to Cooperstown.
    We're smack dab in the middle of a modern day witch hunt, so things are clouded. When the smoke clears and the dust settles, who knows...?

But I have a safe prediction: even Pete Rose will make in to the HOF one day. Rose may not be alive to see it, but he'll get in. That's just the way of the overly righteous gate keepers of this "elite" club.

-b.scott

Victor Conte is back in business with his old nutritional business called SNAC.

http://www.snac.com

Here's a picture from the HomePage. Do you recognize the baseball player?

Banned

I agree with the Big Mac is a cheater threads. His congress appearence told it all. If he never used Roids he would have went in there and went crazy denying all the lies. He didn't. I think the only people who won't accept the truth about Big Mac are the ones that invested a lot of money in his game used stuff. Now, they can't get rid of it without taking a huge loss. Big Mac and his "followers" are in denial. I feel bad for them. It looked, at the time, that Big Mac stuff would be a solid investment. My how things can change.
    G.Todd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    I agree with the Big Mac is a cheater threads. His congress appearence told it all. If he never used Roids he would have went in there and went crazy denying all the lies. He didn't. I think the only people who won't accept the truth about Big Mac are the ones that invested a lot of money in his game used stuff. Now, they can't get rid of it without taking a huge loss. Big Mac and his "followers" are in denial. I feel bad for them. It looked, at the time, that Big Mac stuff would be a solid investment. My how things can change.
    G.Todd

G. Todd-

Great point-similar to the way Palmiero did this????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

I can't stand Barry Bonds, but I think it's funny to see Harmon Killebrew jumping on him. I had a guy that tried to sell me a lot of 4-5 game used Killebrew bats that came directly from him about 13-14 years ago. Three of the four or four of the five bats were loaded with cork in the ends. The bats were old enough that the wood filler in the ends had shrunk down so you could remove the "plug" and see the cork in the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by cards-bats View Post
    I can't stand Barry Bonds, but I think it's funny to see Harmon Killebrew jumping on him. I had a guy that tried to sell me a lot of 4-5 game used Killebrew bats that came directly from him about 13-14 years ago. Three of the four or four of the five bats were loaded with cork in the ends. The bats were old enough that the wood filler in the ends had shrunk down so you could remove the "plug" and see the cork in the ends.

So Killebrew used them strictly for Batting Practice---kind of like Sosa

Unsplendid splinter
    Cubs rally past Rays after Sosa's ignominious ejection

Posted: Tuesday June 03, 2003 8:42 PM
    Updated: Wednesday June 04, 2003 9:31 PM

Sammy Sosa broke his bat in the first inning on a grounder to second base with runners at second and third. AP
    CHICAGO (AP) -- Once Sammy Sosa was caught using a corked bat, there was one big question: Was he cheating when he hit any of those 505 home runs?
    The Chicago Cubs' star slugger, 17th on the career home-run list, was ejected in the first inning of Tuesday night's 3-2 win over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after umpires found cork in his shattered bat.
    Sosa said it was all an honest mistake.
    "I use that bat for batting practice," he said. "It's something that I take the blame for. It's a mistake, I know that. I feel sorry. I just apologize to everybody that are embarrassed."

Banned

Howard-that's true about Rafeal. BUT, I don't think Big Mac wanted to lie under oath and then get caught. So, he didn't deny it or plead guilty, and he looked like a fool. Silence is stupid. He thinks this will disappear or fans will stop caring-and this will never happen. If they accused me of this and I never did it, I would be bitching all over the press to prove my innocency. Mac knows he's guilty. I believe someday he'll fess up.
    Greg