Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Louisville Slugger News

I heard on the news that Wilson had acquired the Louisville Slugger brand from Hillerich and Bradsby. Reading about it, the deal is a little more complicated than that, it seems, but I guess that's essentially it. I was just wondering whether anyone had communicated with Brian about this, and whether his status/job might have changed as a result. I haven't been posting much lately, so I don't even know how active he is on the site these days.

Re: Louisville Slugger News

Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Thanks!

I have to wonder whether the proliferation of new bat brands in MLB (and even more so in the minors) is the culprit in the company's financial difficulties. I mean, it would make sense. Forty, fifty years ago, it seems like all the big leaguers swung Louisville Sluggers; now it seems like more and more players are using Sam, Old Hickory, Axis, Marucci, etc, etc, etc. bats, and LS's are almost becoming a rarity.

So we're sitting around the office and the topic of another new center brand came up. So one of my coworkers came up with these. The first one makes me laugh every time I see it.

Name:  Wilson #1.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  19.0 KB

Name:  Wilson #2.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  Wilson #3.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  Wilson #4.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  38.2 KB
    Brian Hillerich

Brian, your company in my opinion is an American institution. That third one looks fantastic! Subtle addendum, keeps all the historical class of Slugger but incorporates the new blood of Wilson. I sincerely hope the end logo looks more like that.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Wilson bought SAM Bats years ago. Not sure if they have acquired any other makers since.

We are not switching the brands that I know of, this was just something done to make us laugh. Like I said, every time I see the first one I laugh.
    Brian Hillerich