Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MLB Security Measures

I just received this email from the Diamondbacks.

When it gets to the point where I have to start taking off my shoes, I guess I'll be watching ALL the games on my big screen and buying my bobbleheads on eBay.

Arizona Diamondbacks Security Advisory Enhanced security measures, in compliance with Major League Baseball's league-wide security initiative, will require all guests to walk through metal detectors upon entrance to Chase Field starting April 3, 2015.

As you approach your gate, your ticket will be scanned. You will then be instructed to remove your cell phone and large metal objects and place in a bin on a table, along with your personal handbag or backpack. Pocket change will not be required to be put into the bin. Security will then check any bags and ask you to proceed through the metal detector.

The Arizona Diamondbacks strongly encourage fans to arrive to the ballpark early. While we are making every effort to ensure this procedure does not slow down entrance, we want to be sure you have ample time for security detection.

Thank you for your support! For more information, please visit dbacks.com/security.

Re: MLB Security Measures

Fenway park and Yankee stadium have the metal detectors for certain games.

Coors Field had them at select gates at certain points during the season last season. They just sent a similar email, all games and all gates moving forward...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Banned

Cool Re: MLB Security Measures

While I don't believe the regular gates at US Cellular Field have the scanners, I do pass through one at the seniors/disabled gate where i normally go in.

Dave Miedema

Going to the ballpark has been getting to be less and less fun; this is just one more damn thing. Last year they went back to doing something they hadn't done for several years - restricting access to the second level, where all the good restaurants and one of the game day GU silent auctions are at, to those with "Suite Level" tickets; apparently the Suite owners decided they didn't like mingling with the riff-raff in the common use areas. Some of the ushers and customer service types are just downright rude and arrogant any more. If it wasn't for the GU auctions, the SGAs and - of course - the thrill that only seeing those great plays live and in person can truly give you, I would stop buying tickets all together.

It really isn't that big of a deal. It is super easy and quick as long as you planned accordingly. I did it a few times at Miller Park and it wasn't too bad. If that is deterring you from going to a game that's too bad.

Get in line earlier is all I can reccomend.

Does anyone know if bringing in baseballs to get signed at games will be an issue? I would assume it would not be an issue, but just thinking ahead.

I don't see how they could possibly keep you from bringing a baseball in to a ballgame - or really why they would want to try. For one thing, you can buy all sorts of souvenir baseballs in any ballpark's team shop, so what's the difference?

Of course, I feel the same way about bats, and I've heard about Major League parks (and even some Minor League ones) where you can't take a bat in, and can't keep one if it goes into the seats, even if the player doesn't want it. That's one positive thing I'll say about Chase Field - they've never prohibited bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    Does anyone know if bringing in baseballs to get signed at games will be an issue? I would assume it would not be an issue, but just thinking ahead.
    No baseballs can't possibly be an issue. Though with these security measures a bat may be prohibited everywhere...Though you would have to check with each team specifically.

Really all this is to prohibit guns, knives, air horns, I guess beer smuggling, God forbid a bomb, and other related things.

From my understanding places like Miller Park are still allowing food and drinks to enter.

In spring of 2008, I tried to bring a baseball into an Obama function to have signed and security made me leave it outside. I can't see a baseball being turned down at a ballpark but you never know.