Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: nfl game issued jersey tag help!

I already own a game issued eagles jersey of a random player ( hill #83) inside tag says 10-50L but McNabb is my altime favorite athlete and I was under the impression that this McNabb jersey was made for.McNabb and sat in his locker ready to wear for a game that's why I jumped on it and bid but now that I'm told this I'm sure sad I don't wanna spend what lil money that I have on just an authentic McNabb jersey I'm disabled have stage 4 Kidney failure from complications from diabetes so that's why I want my moneyto be spent on something that was made for McNabb

Well that's the old debate of what an "issued" jersey is or was or means, lol.

In modern days most players don't even put on a jersey, it's already over the pads and the player has them pulled over. It's not as if the player has a series of jerseys they pick from hanging in the locker.

It's unforutate you percived the jersey that way, but I hope you can see that it wasent presented as anything it's really not.

As I've said, I have a few of those jerseys and they really are nice. I wouldn't want you to think of it as a "waste", for the money it's one the nicest McNabb items your gonna come across. The quality of that jersey will far exceed anything else you could get in that price range.

My mother has been on dialysis for the past 2 years, so I'm sorry to hear of your issues. Hopefully you can find a way to get it signed because regardless it's gonna look like a nice peice hanging up.

Quote Originally Posted by RMoody View Post
    Your other post kinda reiterated it, when you say "someone" had it done, kinda implies a homemade peice. With the spacing, sitching being so consistent to that of a NFL jersey I just didn't see that being the case.

I think we share the same opinion that the Eagles had this done for a retail sale. As I said before, it's a great way for a fan to get a nice jersey and them to clear dead stock numbers, jerseys and nameplates.
    We do share the same opinion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dre707 View Post
    Thank you soo.much for your help but I doubt it means pot belly this jersey is a Donovan McNabb game issued jersey and I'm sure he didn't have a pot belly. So if anyone can confirm this please let me know!
    Sorry to hear about both your health and jersey misfortunes. I made a bulk buy from the Eagles in 2006 of approximately 100 game-used jerseys. The only ones with the PBO and PBS tagging were large linemen with large bellies. The same holds true with jerseys I've had from other teams with these designations (also have jerseys with a PBL designation). Perhaps there are exceptions to the rule where other players have jerseys with these designations, but I've yet to see it on any actual game-used jerseys, and I would be extremely cautious if I did.

The following is a thread from a few years ago where one of the posts gives an explanation/description of the different tag designations (see the 4th post in the thread). http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...d.php?p=258103 You will notice that there is also a PBL designation that was being questioned in that thread, and I posted a photo example of that tagging as well (see 5th post in the thread).

Hope this information is helpful.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League uniforms.