Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Is this ridiculous?

I'm not a big collector of GU baseballs - well, I am, but only the kind that get hit foul at Fall League games, that I run down myself - so I don't know how outrageous something like the asking price on this item truly is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-HARVEY-.../271842233115?

Does this seem like something that would be worth two grand to anybody?

Re: Is this ridiculous?

No, that is ridiculous. I am not a fan of game used baseballs anyway. Very overpriced hobby with no return on investment. Game used balls should sell for about $15, a few dollars more than the cost of a baseball. MLB auctions will continue to try to raise revenue. 2016 ideas include game chewed gum placed in small cute containers initialed by the players.
    Expect a big fall in value of game used items from 2010 to the present and ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    No, that is ridiculous. I am not a fan of game used baseballs anyway. Very overpriced hobby with no return on investment. Game used balls should sell for about $15, a few dollars more than the cost of a baseball. MLB auctions will continue to try to raise revenue. 2016 ideas include game chewed gum placed in small cute containers initialed by the players.
    Expect a big fall in value of game used items from 2010 to the present and ongoing.
    I agree 100%. I dont care what kind of hologram you put on it that links to whatever details about the ball. Its just not my thing.

so i should sell my collection on MLB authenticated player used sharpie's ?

Personally, I am going to try to get the blades of grass where game used hit balls landed.

I am a big fan of game used baseballs! Besides Toronto Blue Jays players, fielding gloves are about the only thing rarer for an individual player than HR balls. I also enjoy collecting hit and strikeout balls. Chess how many Maddux K balls are out there and what would that bring at auction? I've seen more gloves,jerseys,bats, and hats of his that's for sure. Then the generic baseballs are great souvenirs for fans that want to take a token with them from a game they attended. This isn't wall street, it's a hobby for me, just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    I am a big fan of game used baseballs! Besides Toronto Blue Jays players, fielding gloves are about the only thing rarer for an individual player than HR balls. I also enjoy collecting hit and strikeout balls. Chess how many Maddux K balls are out there and what would that bring at auction? I've seen more gloves,jerseys,bats, and hats of his that's for sure. Then the generic baseballs are great souvenirs for fans that want to take a token with them from a game they attended. This isn't wall street, it's a hobby for me, just my thoughts.
    That being said the Harvey ball is way over priced though.

Banned

Smile Re: Is this ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I'm not a big collector of GU baseballs - well, I am, but only the kind that get hit foul at Fall League games, that I run down myself - so I don't know how outrageous something like the asking price on this item truly is.

Heck. no! My only other thought is that, with a ridiculous price like that, I though somebody else would be the seller.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post

This is dumb. $2000?