Little rant here.. Today was my first and only foreseeable game at Wrigley. The wife and I had dugout seats on the visitors side, and it was an awesome experience. I'm completely neutral when it comes to the two teams, but was cheering on the Padres bc I was in close proximity to the players.

We arrived two hours early, and the first thing I did was purchase a GU ball from yesterday's game.. Just $30 and from KB's first hit game.. Awesome. We get to our seats to watch BP and there are kids asking for autos. The wife asks why I'm not up there trying to get auto's, and I say it's exciting for the kids and let them have the interaction/experience .. I'm not into autos and I'm not going to go beg for them.

So, bottom of the 8th. Strikeout to end the inning.. Derrick Norris runs back to the dugout.. I'm cheering him on, and he rolls the strike-out ball directly to me across the dugout. Then, I start hearing "give it to the kid" chants.. I looked around bc I had an isle seat and there were no kids near me. And on top of that he rolled the ball to me.. He didn't throw it up in the crowd and I had to jump or dive or elbow to get it.. He rolled it to me.

Turns out a kid had run down from 4/5 rows back, decked out in Cubs gear. And was now standing next to me in the isle. So, I hand him the ball.. People cheer. I get fist bumps, and his mom comes to thank me. They couldn't have been nicer.

But.. Man that sucks. A once in a lifetime event for me, and I have to give it up bc I'm not 8? I did end up buying a gu ball from yesterday and today's game. Along with a 2014 ball with the 100yr Logo and a Castro bat. But, as we all know, items that are given to you are priceless. Especially fresh from the field.. And from Wrigley Field too. It was also the first gu ball I had recieved or caught at a game.