Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Official KRIS BRYANT Game-Used Collection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    MLB authentication is nice, but not something needed or else it is worthless. Didn't that Babe Ruth ball sell for a boatload of money with little to no real authentication?

Even a LOA from the Padres would be pretty good for a lot of people. It may scare off some people, but realistically I don't think it devalues the ball.

And for the record some homerun balls with an MLB Holo aren't actually seen being collected by the authenticator. Some are presented by an employee and considered good.
    I can say with absolute certainty that if the baseball being discussed here had an MLB holo stating it was Krush Bryant's fifth career homerun ball it would be worth significantly more. I am not trying to devalue the ball whatsoever but in today's collectors market that hologram is our Bible.

Banned

No, you are right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I can say with absolute certainty that if the baseball being discussed here had an MLB holo stating it was Krush Bryant's fifth career homerun ball it would be worth significantly more. I am not trying to devalue the ball whatsoever but in today's collectors market that hologram is our Bible.
    I agree with you, my point was to try and call it nothing more than a "keepsake" and not a "collectible" because is doesn't have a MLB hologram as MTC inferred, is ridiculous. It has great collectible and monetary value, just not as much...Same as many bats out there that are not mlb authenticated but are still plenty valuable...

Banned

Exactly what I was saying COLLECTGU.

I bet that Bryce Harper homerun does just fine with a LOA and no hologram on MLB Auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I bet that Bryce Harper homerun does just fine with a LOA and no hologram on MLB Auctions.
    I'm sure it will. It is being sold online by a Professional Baseball team after all with a nice close up photo. So, it has essentially been photo-matched for life.

Banned

Well, I wouldn't say photomatched. You have to believe that the Rays actually retrieved that HR. Just like my Bryant HR at SD.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy406 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say photomatched. You have to believe that the Rays actually retrieved that HR. Just like my Bryant HR at SD.
    As I watched Bryce Harper hit that homerun on TV, they show one of the rays employees scooping the baseball out of the net where it landed. I emailed the Rays right away to see what was up with that ball and they told me they did get it and it came with their own sticker with an COA. They also wanted $5000 firm.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    As I watched Bryce Harper hit that homerun on TV, they show one of the rays employees scooping the baseball out of the net where it landed. I emailed the Rays right away to see what was up with that ball and they told me they did get it and it came with their own sticker with an COA. They also wanted $5000 firm.
    There is no reason that ball shouldn't be MLB Authenticated. Their was a clear chain of command back to the authenticator. In these instances MLB always tags as "Player Collected" since it left the field of play. Great that the Rays use their MLB Authenticated program for charity to help those in need but they are costing themselves a significant amount of money they could raise for a great cause. In my opinion a current era HR ball without MLB Authentication is worth very little. I personally would never buy a HR ball without MLB.
    Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

San Diego doesn't authenticate HR's yet. They aren't set up for it with MLB. Did you guys see the Bryant Throwback helmet, that he used for one game, go for over 9k! Wow.