Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Holy grail find on craigslist brewers jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mattsr View Post
    How is this a game worn jersey? No numbers on the front and no name/size strip tag in the neckline.

Re: Holy grail find on craigslist

That is a SWEET find!!! Great pickup and knowing what it was when the seller didnt. This is my best ever Craigslist find. I've found a Kelly gamer or two that way and ironically traded this for one.. but its the best score I've had with CL. GREAT way to find gamers from years past that people either dont know what they have, or just want to get rid of. This is the only 1994 throwback I've ever saw. I still hold out hope I stumble across another someday!!!

Verycooljersey.I'vepickedupbothmymostrareitemsofcr aigslist. CrazythingisIgotthejerseyfor50bucksshipped.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    How is this a game worn jersey? No numbers on the front and no name/size strip tag in the neckline.
    How??? In 1970 the first year of existance of the Brewers there was no numbers on the front or name tag on the collar. it wasnt until 71 that they added the numbers to the front. name is on the bottom front of the jersey. Its period authentic. I would post more pics but right now its in the hands of the Brewers. So far word is that it is 100% legit. Im still working on trying to get a letter from them stating so.

example: http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...-LOT32794.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Can you show a photo of the bottom (tags) and back?

Dave Miedema

Once I get the jersey back from the team I will inbox you pics. The bottom name tag/stitching was cut off. thats why Im trying to have the Brewers confirm that it is indeed legit. The number on the back has a repair job done on the number. Material seems to be correct with vent holes in the arms, and proper lettering.

How??? In 1970 the first year of existance of the Brewers there was no numbers on the front or name tag on the collar. it wasnt until 71 that they added the numbers to the front. name is on the bottom front of the jersey. Its period authentic. I would post more pics but right now its in the hands of the Brewers. So far word is that it is 100% legit. Im still working on trying to get a letter from them stating so.

example: http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...-LOT32794.aspx
    Your first post claims the jersey is a 1971 jersey. The only jerseys I have seen from 1971 have numbers on front and size/name collar tag.

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...a/7120-83017.s

http://www.lelands.com/auction/Aucti...me-Worn-Jersey

You say the name is on the bottom of the jersey. Was there a 71 next to the name?

I initially thought it was from 71 cause that what the seller thought it was. I was informed on another board that in 71 they had the numbers on the front, then I was forwarded the link to grey flannel showing a 70s style with no numbers on the front. The bottom of the jersey is cut where the name would be. That's why I'm trying to verify that its legit. I have no intentions of selling it, I was just excited that I was able to find one. I'm no expert on old jerseys either so I do turn to others in the collecting community for advice as well.

I initially thought it was from 71 cause that what the seller thought it was. I was informed on another board that in 71 they had the numbers on the front, then I was forwarded the link to grey flannel showing a 70s style with no numbers on the front. The bottom of the jersey is cut where the name would be. That's why I'm trying to verify that its legit. I have no intentions of selling it, I was just excited that I was able to find one. I'm no expert on old jerseys either so I do turn to others in the collecting community for advice as well.
    OK cool. It's a great find, for sure. I hope they confirm the legitimacy for you.

You claim this is your "Holy Grail" find, but then say you aren't an expert on what you bought, don't really know what it is, etc? A holy grail is something you've been searching for forever. Also, the bragging about the stealing it off CL and your Brewers contact is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    You claim this is your "Holy Grail" find, but then say you aren't an expert on what you bought, don't really know what it is, etc? A holy grail is something you've been searching for forever. Also, the bragging about the stealing it off CL and your Brewers contact is pathetic.
    Right!? Then that sneaky advertising for Mountain Dew and Dairy Queen in his pictures. Unbelievable!!

On a serious note...How do you know he hasn't been looking forever? Maybe his holy grail is an early Brewers jersey which it would be regardless?

Did you like want this jersey or something and not get it? You seem to be a little overly angry over something so little.