Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holy grail find on craigslist

Picked up a 1971 brewers game used jersey. I feel bad cause I practically stole it. Headed to Miller park now to have my contact dig up any info and possibly verify its authenticity. I don't know how to post pics from my phone otherwise I would.

Re: Holy grail find on craigslist

I also found my Holy Grail piece on Craigslist here in Minneapolis but unfortunately it was out of my price range......Craigslist can be a great tool for us collectors!!! Congrats on the find!!!

Re: Holy grail find on craigslist brewers jersey

as if the day couldnt get better, I take the jersey to Miller Park so my connection can authenticate it and Bud Selig is there. He walks up to me and says where in the world did I find that. Asks to look at it and smiles and said boy does this take me back. Shook my hand and said nice find, brings back great memories. Ok great story, then my guy walks up and says lets take the jersey to my office and by the way I have some helmets you might want. Pulls out these helmets and caps of my day. Great trip to the stadium

Banned

Question Re: Holy grail find on craigslist brewers jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mattsr View Post
    Can you show a photo of the bottom (tags) and back?

Dave Miedema

Super Moderator

Sounds like a good day! Congrats.

So were the helmets free and who are they of? I have a question too about the authentication. How was it authenticated at the ball park? Is there an authenticator housed inside the park who can authenticate old game used items?

They are really nice items. I have never seen a Brewers jersey like that.

No I bought the Helmets. He is not selling them to the public yet and let me have at them first. Black helmet is Ryan Braun from the TBTC game. The others are Prince Fielder from his call up year in 05 and Ben Sheets. Sheets pitched that game and tore something in his arm. Thats where the arm troubles started for him.

And as far as authenticating the jersey, They have some records he was going to go through and was going to check with the equipment manager who has been with the team since forever. He also has in storage the original Pilots jersey that was converted over to say Brewers on it. I have been trying to get one off of him for a while now.

I dont think I will Get a LOA or anything but if they can say hey you got a legit period jersey Ill be happy.