Is it common for MLB players to do this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrigley2010
    • Sep 2010

Is it common for MLB players to do this?

Does anyone here have knowledge of or confidence in the plausibility of a Major League Baseball player sending items he autographed back to his former Minor League Teams clubhouse or equipment manager?
  • godwulf
    • Aug 2007

Re: Is it common for MLB players to do this?

I have heard of players doing this - providing signed items to a former minor league team so that they can be sold to benefit the team or charity. If that is the situation, it's very believable. On the other hand, if a team employee says that a former player sent him items for him to sell personally - I have to question the likelihood of that.
    Jeff
    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• Wrigley2010
      • Sep 2010

Jeff, thank you for the input and I share your opinion. While I don't think the items were intended to be sold by a single individual that is what's happening. I personally have no issue with this as I have bought many items this way in the past.

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

I guess it's possible that a player and minor league clubhouse guy could have developed a friendship that would inspire the player to send him a few things from time to time. I dunno...I guess the likelihood of it being true would depend on what kind of things we're talking about - wristbands and GU baseballs, or jerseys and helmets.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

Working...