Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help Requested: ID Japanese Baseball Jersey

Hi Folks,

I picked up this jersey at a local thrift shop. I have had no luck searching online regarding its origin. Does anyone have any information regarding its era and team/league?

And if anyone has insight on the value, that would be much appreciated as well - the selling price of Japanese baseball jerseys seems to have quite a wide range.

Thanks!

Re: Help Requested: ID Japanese Baseball Jersey

Although the manufacturer is Japanese, I don't think this is a Japanese league jersey. I believe that tagging is (based upon other Descente jerseys that I have) from the 90s and for the equivalent of high school or junior college level play.

This is not a pro league jersey since there was never a team nicknamed Pegasus, nor is it highschool since they always use the school name/town on the jersey as opposed to nicknames.

I think it comes from one of many semi-pro/corporate teams that play in usually rural areas. There is in fact a Pegasus team now called Gunma Diamond Pegasus, but they were established in 2008 and this jersey looks older than that.

I believe there is a team in Japan called the Gunma Diamond Pegasus. They are part of an independent professional league. However the team less than 10 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    I believe there is a team in Japan called the Gunma Diamond Pegasus. They are part of an independent professional league. However the team less than 10 years old.
    See previous post lol