Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
No no, I don't think that you were accusing me of being stupid. Just reading the replies and side conversations I broke them up into two general themes and added a little flair.

I've bought tons of GU and issued items from this team and the charity through MLB Auctions over the years, and everything has always checked out 100%. Given the explanation I was given, and the fact that these jerseys were listed prior to authentication, I can see how this particular jersey slipped through the cracks. This was an honest mistake, and it doesn't change my view of MLB Authentication or the team's GU items.
No worries here—BTW, I think that you've got a nice jersey and there are not many of that player's green jerseys out there—worn or otherwise.

Also (sort of odd and something I had forgotten until now), I also have a 2009 St. Pat's jersey from another star player on the same team that came with no tagging at all (no holo, etc). Shows use, dirt, and I bought it direct from the team like that . . . and it was sold to me as "game worn."