Recently I purchased a signed St Patrick's day jersey through MLB Auctions, which was selling these jerseys for a team's charity. The jersey was listed as a game used jersey but the MLB COA # was not in the listing.

When I received the jersey I looked up the MLB COA # and the jersey is certified as a game issued jersey. I called the charity and asked about the cert and was told that the player didn't play that day, but he wore it in the dugout, so it should technically be certified as a game used jersey (I don't necessarily agree, but that's not really the point of this post). He said the player left early that day so his jersey was authenticated at a different time than the other jerseys, which is likely why it was certified as issued...

Cliff notes: Bought a 'game used' jersey through charity auction, the jersey never saw game action, and is listed in the MLB database as 'issued'.

So now I'm in a position because my bids and price paid waere based off of the jersey being a game used jersey. And I feel bad internally about making a stink about this to a charity... but this wasn't a cheap jersey, and I feel like I paid much more than I would have if the auction listing was accurate.

So just curious what folks here would do in this situation. Would you return the jersey and request a full refund? Request a partial refund and keep the jersey? Do nothing because the funds went to a charity?

Feedback is appreciated!