Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used in movies or television

Other than the specific TV sports memorabilia or auction shows.... what are a some tv shows or movies where game used or worn memorabilia is mentioned or seen?

I was just watching an old episode of Cheers
    Season 4 episode 13 where Sam Malone tries to auction off his Red Sox Game jersey... which made me think of this tread.

In the movie Ted, Mila Kunis' boss has a game used Wade Boggs bat framed under glass that he mentions.

In the show Last Man on Earth, the main character wears a game used Michael Jordan jersey.

In the movie Opportunity Knocks Dana Carvey is given Ernie Banks homerun #499.

The coke commerical with Mean Joe Green is also a very notable piece of media involving game used.

Any others that come to mind?

Re: Game Used in movies or television

I remember an old episode of St. Elsewhere where Dr. Fiscus (Howie Mandel) had a red Sox cap that was supposed to have came from Carl Yastrzemski, and he let one of the new interns where it for some reason...the intern would up setting on fire in the lab and putting out the fire with a beaker full of urine. It was awful. Funny scene, but, as a Red Sox & Yaz fan, it was hard to watch, LOL.

Was watching Andy Cohen Watch What Happens Live last night (don't ask, it wasn't by my choosing), and I noticed an 80's LVS bat right next to him, could not tell if it was game used or not, but it was definitely a professional signature model. Googled Andy Cohen and apparntly he's a huge Cards fan. He had Shelby Miller and John Jay guest bar tend on his show last year. There was also an Andy Cohen night at Busch Stadium in 2013.

In an episode of The Simpsons, Homer buys and wears a Tom Landry worn hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    In an episode of The Simpsons, Homer buys and wears a Tom Landry worn hat.
    Haha, that's from my all-time favorite Simpsons episode, "You Only Move Twice"!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I recall an episode of the 1990's sit-com "Coach" that the Craig T. Nelson character owned a pair of game used John Unitas' hightop cleats.

"You mean to tell me you, went out and swiped a ball signed by babe ruth and brought it out here and actually played with it???????????"

Baseketball- referenced Reggie Jackson's 3rd homerun ball from the World Series

Seem to recall an Jefferson's where George drops Reggie's 3 Hr from the world series the press gives him hell and Jackson comes to his apartment and throws him the ball that he catches that time

Reggie got a lot of mileage out of that. I remember an episode of the 80's show Hart to Hart where Robert Wagner attended a Card show for a high stakes baseball card flip game, and someone stole Reggie's WS home run balls and they had to disarm a bomb to get them back.