Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

early 1970's Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary Auctions

Does anybody have any thoughts on the Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary's current auction. Specifically, this one...

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/197...LOT170331.aspx

I was just curious about the Stall&Dean tagging, whereas the others from the same year/era are tagged McAuliffe.

Thanks

Banned

Question Re: early 1970's Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary Auctions

Although I'm normally solid on anything that came from Dick Dobbins, the only photo I have of Billy Conigliaro from 1973 is in the yellow jersey with a NOB of "BILLY C". That isn't said to automatically disqualify it, but, if I were asked to do an examination, I wouldn't give a LOA unless I had unmistakeable photo evidence that he did wear a jersey with a last name NOB of that color in that season.

Dave Miedema

Re: early 1970's Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary Auctions

I've never seen game used jerseys or pants with any tagging but McAuliffe. I would be very interested to know if anyone has seen Stahl and Dean tagging on game jerseys.

Re: early 1970's Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary Auctions

Sorry - Stall & Dean. That said, the size and number stitching in the pants seems right, and I don't know why you would have that for replica pants (or why you would have replica pants anyway).