Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: June 2015 Pick Up Thread

I was a Minute Maid Park Wednesday Night and picked up this Team Issued Jed Lowrie Memorial Day Camo Jersey. I like that it is a Size 44 with +1 sleeve and it has the 50th Anniversary of the Astrodome patch . Jed is on the DL and won't be back till probably after the All Star game. It is a really nice jersey and unlike years past, the jerseys this year feature a camo colored batterman on the back. In the past they just used the regular team colored batterman. Also something I find strange is they placed the MLB holo inside of the jersey on the back of the embroidered Majestic logo. No sure why they did this but all the jerseys were tagge this way. Something weird the authenticator did. It was an Astros road game at Baltimore.

JT 2014/2015 White

'69 Willie Mays bat:

I was finally able to get a Mays bat with the heavy tar, a goal for some time, from a friend of mine in the hobby...just a great bat and one I've always wanted. It was sourced by the original owner thru introduction by the then Giants GM and received from Mays in the dugout directly. It has the label down use on the barrel, along with cleat marks, number on knob and the nice pine tar, while given a grade of 10 for what its worth.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Outstanding Mays bat.....every time I see Gorilla was the latest post on the pick up threads I have to click on it because I know I'm going to see something museum worthy more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '69 Willie Mays bat:

I was finally able to get a Mays bat with the heavy tar, a goal for some time, from a friend of mine in the hobby...just a great bat and one I've always wanted. It was sourced by the original owner thru introduction by the then Giants GM and received from Mays in the dugout directly. It has the label down use on the barrel, along with cleat marks, number on knob and the nice pine tar, while given a grade of 10 for what its worth.

Ben
    Wow! Just another a-MAYS-ing pickup, Ben! Congratulations!

Congrats Ben on the Mays pickup! One of the best looking Mays bats I've ever seen!

Picked up this McCovey so cheap I'm worried I got hosed. Matches 1975 records, shows some light but definite use.

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Outstanding Mays bat.....every time I see Gorilla was the latest post on the pick up threads I have to click on it because I know I'm going to see something museum worthy more than likely.
    That's really nice of you to say, thanks. And thank you Bob and GoPack as well, appreciate it...

Arrow Re: June 2015 Pick Up Thread

Picked up these three jerseys in the last few weeks.

1965 Twins Home Jersey Rich Rollins (number change) (World Series year)

1968 Home "Shooting Star" Mike Cuellar Astros

1970 Baltimore Colts Ray May

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

Wow! That Willie Mays bat is awesome. Congrats!