Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndevlin
    • Mar 2008

Re: June 2015 Pick Up Thread

Oh yeah, no worries. I'm ok with ppl making a buck. Do what you want on that.

Reason I asked is because when people show off an item on the pick ups, and then list it for sale for $1,000 on eBay when the limit on here is $500, that sends a red flag.

Again, don't care what you do by making a buck, but it was pretty evident what was being done here. We see it all the time.

Hate to mess up a good thread. Feel free to pm me directly if you have any additional comments.

Originally posted by fredskinz
    I posted it so people could see it, Nate. Most items I find I don't purchase for myself. I love putting items in the hands of true collectors, not re-sellers. My collection is 90% Redskins items, so I use the funds I make from these items to purchase stuff for my own personal collection. Not that it matters, but I first contacted a couple of members on the site who had previously posted about wanting a #8 Drew jersey. When none of them responded, I decided to just list it.

Unfortumately, I have found that lately the members on this site have become increasingly hostile towards anyone trying to make a buck on an item. There are unwritten rules for people who "insta-flip" or resell anything for more than they paid, which is ludicrous. I overpay for many items which I missed out on and never complain.

If I am wrong, I'd love to hear other member's opinions.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
      • Oct 2005

My personal opinion, I'd like the pick-up thread to be pick-ups we at least plan on keeping a while, not looking to flip. There are other areas for that.

However, my opinion isn't worth much.

Ken

Comment

• beachpetrol
        • Aug 2013

Let's say I pick up a Mickey Mantle bat and post it in this thread. Couple days later, I find a holy grail item that I would like to buy, so I decide to sell the Mantle bat to fund the holy grail item. Am I unable to sell the Mantle bat because some forum members on GameUsedUniverse would be mad at me because I posted the Mantle bat in a "pick-up" thread? I think its ridiuclous just because you post an item in a pick up thread on GameUsedUniverse that you are stuck with that item for a certain period of time (2weeks, a month, who knows) before you can "legitimately" sell it. Come on, really? I think what needs to be done on this website is remove the $500 limit in the Classifieds. Another thing that needs to be done is allow the members to edit there own posts.

Rant over.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
          • Oct 2005

If I may amend my previous post, I'm not mad at fredskinz or any other member over this. I just wanted to posit that I'd like to see the pick-up thread to be a place to show off new additions to the collection, not a showcase for selling. Beach, If you love your Mantle bat today but your circumstances change in two weeks, so be it.

Really, my "anger level" here at that post is about a -2. I made my post to see if a quality discussion could ensue. I couldn't even force a rant out about this if I tried.

Comment

• mbrieve
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
            If I may amend my previous post, I'm not mad at fredskinz or any other member over this. I just wanted to posit that I'd like to see the pick-up thread to be a place to show off new additions to the collection, not a showcase for selling. Beach, If you love your Mantle bat today but your circumstances change in two weeks, so be it.

Really, my "anger level" here at that post is about a -2. I made my post to see if a quality discussion could ensue. I couldn't even force a rant out about this if I tried.
            +1

Comment

• nycsports
              • Nov 2005

Hana Mandlikova match used racquet.
              Attached Files

Comment

• ousooner_85
                • Aug 2012

I have purchased an item from fredskinz in the past (which was a professional and excellent transaction) and I don't have a problem with him or anyone else listing and item and then selling it elsewhere.

I don't have a strong opinion one was or another on the $500 cap in the Classified Section. Seems a bit silly but I'm sure there are plausible reasons i.e. safe transactions, some liability, Goldin auctions, etc.

Being able to edit posts would be nice for typo's and mistakes but only if there was some sort of time limit to edit like 5-10 minutes. If not, I can see where this could be abused in transactions to bait and switch and then cover up.

Comment

• ousooner_85
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ousooner_85
                  I have purchased an item from fredskinz in the past (which was a professional and excellent transaction) and I don't have a problem with him or anyone else listing and item and then selling it elsewhere.

I don't have a strong opinion one was or another on the $500 cap in the Classified Section. Seems a bit silly but I'm sure there are plausible reasons i.e. safe transactions, some liability, Goldin auctions, etc.

Being able to edit posts would be nice for typo's and mistakes but only if there was some sort of time limit to edit like 5-10 minutes. If not, I can see where this could be abused in transactions to bait and switch and then cover up.
                  Example of the "time limit edit" I would edit the "and" to a "an" in the first paragraph. Proof reading would help as well

Comment

• flota89
                    • Jul 2009

Some of my pickups over the past couple months...

2007 Adam Wainwright
                    1998 Jim Edmonds Set 1 (Photomatched)
                    2006 Skip Schumaker
                    2012 Lance Berkman Set 2 (Photomatched)
                    1999 Chris Carpenter
                    2009 Chris Carpenter (Photomatched)
                    2004 Lance Berkman (Photomatched)
                    2011 Lance Berkman
                    Attached Files
                    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by flota89
                      Some of my pickups over the past couple months...

2007 Adam Wainwright
                      1998 Jim Edmonds Set 1 (Photomatched)
                      2006 Skip Schumaker
                      2012 Lance Berkman Set 2 (Photomatched)
                      1999 Chris Carpenter
                      2009 Chris Carpenter (Photomatched)
                      2004 Lance Berkman (Photomatched)
                      2011 Lance Berkman
                      Very nice Tyler

Comment

• onlyalbert
                        • Jan 2011

Went to the Cards/Cubs game last night. What I fun night! Took my daughter and we were able get there early enough for Cubs BP and I caught a screeming line drive HR ball. For some reason I brought my glove.....great comeback win by the Cards in extras and I was able to also snag a couple cool items on the cheap from the Cards Care auction. Nice use Carp bat with a very minor handle crack. Gonna check for possible postseason use and a killer 2010 Molina signed and well used jersey. Great night!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• AWA85
                          • Jan 2008

Pick up this 1996 Alex Rodriguez gamer from his time with the Mariners.
                          Attached Files
                          Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• slab0meat
                            • May 2010

2013 Alvarez

2009 Rios

1998 Fordham

1984 Wilkerson

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                              • Jul 2010

Received a ball pitched to Austin Jackson (Single) in AT&T Park. This ball lived a long and awesome life and was authenticated to a bunch of stuff.

I now have balls pitched to Austin Jackson in 24 of the 30 MLB parks.

Attached Files

Comment

• arott23
                                • Mar 2015

Got these three beauties in a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks to Geoff and Ken! (Just a side note: this forum has been great for me to add to my collection, so thanks to everyone who has helped me out!)

Three Travis Hafner game used bats, all showing really good use. I apologize for the huge pictures and orientation. Photobucket seems to be having a few issues.

Also, wanted to add these. My grandmother recently passed away in January so my dad and his siblings went through some her stuff. To make a long story short, each of us grandchildren were able to pick out a few items. These were just two of of the items I was able to snag. They aren't game used by anyone famous, but they were game used by my grandfather, which means way more to me. They're beat to heck and show a lot of wear and tear, but I love them. I don't know a whole lot about them though and am looking for any information I can on them.

Comment

Working...