Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
You could try the Sharpie Industrial pens, but I think many collectors would be turned off by the Sharpie (v ballpoint) look on the ball. You could also use the drying techniques, but the starch in the rice may actually hurt the ball.

Have you tried putting it in a desiccant container?

Side note: How do you know the ball was the HR ball? Did the seller send a picture of themselves holding the ball? I actually don't know how one would verify that. This somewhat relates to the inscription, as I'd be unsure of how Mr Cruz would be able to validate the inscription requested.
I'll have to do some research on the container, never heard of it. I'm worried the saltwater and any drying method may alter the ball so I may just let it dry out naturally. I'm going to cleveland next week and was hoping he'd inscribe it for me but I doubt it'll be dry in time. As far as authenticity goes, the rays stuck their hologram on the ball cube and gave me a paper coa from them. I'm not too worried about it being legit as I've done multiple transactions with them and I don't plan on selling the ball.