Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

It's not the winning that makes people dislike the Pats. It has more to do with the story below.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2731727

Then top that off with annoying fans posting on message boards about how great their team is and, well there really isn't much to like about them.

And comparing them to the Yankees, please. Last time I checked 3 championships is a long way from 26.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

As far as the celebrating goes, who cares? This stuff has gotten so out of hand now, to me football has become unwatchable. Sportsmanship is totally out the window these days, so if someone taunts you by doing a dance that you do, I ask, why do you do a stupid dance in the first place? All this crap has really become annoying and the game became popular long before every 3 yard gain or deflected pass needed a celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    It's not the winning that makes people dislike the Pats. It has more to do with the story below.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2731727

Then top that off with annoying fans posting on message boards about how great their team is and, well there really isn't much to like about them.

And comparing them to the Yankees, please. Last time I checked 3 championships is a long way from 26.
    First of you don't have to like me or my team thats fine.But don't start this one way celebration bull.It was reported in all Boston papers and national ones too(Usa today)that the San Diego Chargers players talked enough smack before and during the game to piss of quite a few Pats players.So as it may not be right what the Pats did it was just in response to the trash talking and lack of respect for the team that ultimately sent them home....sour grapes
    jon

And let me just say this.Would you find it annoying if i were talking about the Twins beating the Yankees in the ALCS in NYC?You just complain cause it's not your team.My team just beat the best team in football owners of the league MVP,10 game win streak,and unbeaten at home.On the road nonetheless.Cut me some slack dude,i mean no disrespect i'm just a huge ANNOYING fan of the Pats...so be it

Out of respect for the Yankee fans on this board I would in no way brag about a Twins victory and tout them as the greatest team of the decade. Not a chance. I don't believe in kicking people while they are down.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Win or lose, LT still commands the most money in today's modern nfl market.

His throwback just sold for over 9k.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...aunbr=78924698

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Prior to 2002, were there actually any Pats fans outside of the New England area?

I have lived in New England(born in Mass live in RI)all my life with the exception of 03-04 when i lived in San Diego.When i lived in southern california i was amazed by the amount of NE transplants there.They have Red Sox/Patriots bars going back to like 20 years ago.So yes there were and always has been Pats fans outside of New England
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Out of respect for the Yankee fans on this board I would in no way brag about a Twins victory and tout them as the greatest team of the decade. Not a chance. I don't believe in kicking people while they are down.
    Well you are a gentleman and a scholar....i was never kicking anyone.Just beaming about my good fortunes to be a lifelong fan of the team that can easily claim that they are the team of the decade.If not the Pats...then who???
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood View Post
    As far as the celebrating goes, who cares? This stuff has gotten so out of hand now, to me football has become unwatchable. Sportsmanship is totally out the window these days, so if someone taunts you by doing a dance that you do, I ask, why do you do a stupid dance in the first place? All this crap has really become annoying and the game became popular long before every 3 yard gain or deflected pass needed a celebration.
    You are so right ! On top of that the zebra's don't know what the heck they're doing or the games are rigged . Point , Atlanta @ N.O. Saints earlier this year . the falcons first punt from their own end zone that was blocked by the Saints , THREE defenders went thru the Falcons line un-touched to block that punt , the falcons line didn't move after the snap . Saints Scored a TD with ease!!!!!!!What happened ?????????? I don't have a favorite NFL team due to the officiating , they always screw someone ! Their calls affect the outcome of games . I just enjoy watching the Bucs LOSE ! because they act like a bunch of rabid animals after making a play , so much for sportsmanship , the celebrations have gotta go away !! That and Gruden's stupid smirks . I like to watch old film of the NFL Players scoring a TD , they just hand the ball to the ref and go to the sidelines, w/class!