Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

Win or lose, LT still commands the most money in today's modern nfl market.

His throwback just sold for over 9k.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• otismalibu
      • Nov 2005

Prior to 2002, were there actually any Pats fans outside of the New England area?
      Greg
      DrJStuff.com

Comment

• jon_8_us
        • May 2006

I have lived in New England(born in Mass live in RI)all my life with the exception of 03-04 when i lived in San Diego.When i lived in southern california i was amazed by the amount of NE transplants there.They have Red Sox/Patriots bars going back to like 20 years ago.So yes there were and always has been Pats fans outside of New England
        jon
        Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• jon_8_us
          • May 2006

Originally posted by sylbry
          Out of respect for the Yankee fans on this board I would in no way brag about a Twins victory and tout them as the greatest team of the decade. Not a chance. I don't believe in kicking people while they are down.
          Well you are a gentleman and a scholar....i was never kicking anyone.Just beaming about my good fortunes to be a lifelong fan of the team that can easily claim that they are the team of the decade.If not the Pats...then who???
          jon

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Yankwood
            As far as the celebrating goes, who cares? This stuff has gotten so out of hand now, to me football has become unwatchable. Sportsmanship is totally out the window these days, so if someone taunts you by doing a dance that you do, I ask, why do you do a stupid dance in the first place? All this crap has really become annoying and the game became popular long before every 3 yard gain or deflected pass needed a celebration.
            You are so right ! On top of that the zebra's don't know what the heck they're doing or the games are rigged . Point , Atlanta @ N.O. Saints earlier this year . the falcons first punt from their own end zone that was blocked by the Saints , THREE defenders went thru the Falcons line un-touched to block that punt , the falcons line didn't move after the snap . Saints Scored a TD with ease!!!!!!!What happened ?????????? I don't have a favorite NFL team due to the officiating , they always screw someone ! Their calls affect the outcome of games . I just enjoy watching the Bucs LOSE ! because they act like a bunch of rabid animals after making a play , so much for sportsmanship , the celebrations have gotta go away !! That and Gruden's stupid smirks . I like to watch old film of the NFL Players scoring a TD , they just hand the ball to the ref and go to the sidelines, w/class!
            Thank you,
            David

This is my email address here!
            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jon_8_us
              Well you are a gentleman and a scholar....i was never kicking anyone.Just beaming about my good fortunes to be a lifelong fan of the team that can easily claim that they are the team of the decade.If not the Pats...then who???
              jon
              You will have to forgive me for misinterpreting your intentions. Your beaming came across as rubbing it in. I had high hopes for the Chargers as did many others and to see them throw away the game, well it just sucked.
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• staindsox
                • Jun 2006

I agree with Yankwood. I think it's an inferior sport and the celebrations are ridiculous...

Picture Cal Ripken doing a little jig or strut because he fouled off an 0-2 breaking ball that would have caught the corner.
                Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

• jon_8_us
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by sylbry
                  You will have to forgive me for misinterpreting your intentions. Your beaming came across as rubbing it in. I had high hopes for the Chargers as did many others and to see them throw away the game, well it just sucked.

No problem man.It's all in good fun.It was never my intention to rub this in anyones face.I'm just a passionate Pats fan
                  jon

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
                    What does this post have to do with collecting game used memorabilia?
                    Bill Bellicheck is a so-called genius. But yet, he hasn't discovered the invention of shampoo.
                    By the way, you rush the field after your team's kicker MAKES a field goal...not when the other team's kicker misses...totally bush league.
                    Jon8us
                    Yes, my reply was "sour grapes". I live in Los Angeles, so the Chargers are my hometown team. I was truly disapointed in their showing. I was too nervous to watch the game, so I listened on the radio. You have every right to gloat and praise your team. My post was made shortly after they blew the game. Sports are an emotional subject, heck, that's why grown men participate in this forum. Good luck to the Patriots. I only hope you did not jinx your team with the praises.
                    By the way, Belicek could still use some shampoo...or even baby powder...or how about a cap?

Comment

• jon_8_us
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
                      Jon8us
                      Yes, my reply was "sour grapes". I live in Los Angeles, so the Chargers are my hometown team. I was truly disapointed in their showing. I was too nervous to watch the game, so I listened on the radio. You have every right to gloat and praise your team. My post was made shortly after they blew the game. Sports are an emotional subject, heck, that's why grown men participate in this forum. Good luck to the Patriots. I only hope you did not jinx your team with the praises.
                      By the way, Belicek could still use some shampoo...or even baby powder...or how about a cap?
                      Totally understandable.By the way Albert Einstein could use some shampoo as well don't ya think?............
                      jon

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                        • Nov 2005

By the way Albert Einstein could use some shampoo as well don't ya think?............
                        Einstein's wetlook theory is relative.

Comment

• 10thMan
                          • Dec 2006

I`m a Native San Diegan & a Chargers fan. All I can say is "one & done" in the last 2 playoff games??? I`d give martyball the AXE right now! I read & listened to most of the Player (post-game) Interviews, the Common thread is "that`s what makes this game Special"...I agree.

Even my Mom (who Hates the Raiders) disagrees with the inappropriate Celebrations on the Field. Good luck if your Team is still in it...I wish Mine was.
                          Sean

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                            • Nov 2005

I would like to hear a legitimate argument about anyone of the teams left defeating Belichick,Brady,and company...it's just not gonna happen.Go Pats!!!!
                            How can we be sure the Patriots didn't "steal" signals to help win all of their championships? We can't. If you're playing Madden and you know exactly what play your buddy is choosing... you have a good chance to win.

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

When are you all gonna learn.You know how many times i have heard this??I'll revisit this comment after the Pats win the AFC and then when the win the SB.Being a Pats fan makes me understand what it is to be a Yankees fan.Everyone hates you cause you always win(at least in the late 90's for the Yanks).....so bring it on...every time someone doubts the Pats they win the Superbowl

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
                              I forgot all about this boast.... I mean "post". Hey, how'd all that work out for ya'?!
                              Right.
                              NOT.....TOO.....GOOD.

On the upside, it looks like the Poots might have a real good shot at it again this year, that is, if the humilliating cheating scandal doesn't suck 'em down with it, and Brady stays healthy. If he goes down, they are D...O...N...E.
                              Whatever. All I know is it's just not wise to make big bad boastful predictions right out in public.......it always seems to end up biting you right on the aaaaaaaaass!!

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                                • Nov 2005

Is using steroids cheating?

Comment

Working...