Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    Well you are a gentleman and a scholar....i was never kicking anyone.Just beaming about my good fortunes to be a lifelong fan of the team that can easily claim that they are the team of the decade.If not the Pats...then who???
    jon
    You will have to forgive me for misinterpreting your intentions. Your beaming came across as rubbing it in. I had high hopes for the Chargers as did many others and to see them throw away the game, well it just sucked.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

I agree with Yankwood. I think it's an inferior sport and the celebrations are ridiculous...

Picture Cal Ripken doing a little jig or strut because he fouled off an 0-2 breaking ball that would have caught the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    You will have to forgive me for misinterpreting your intentions. Your beaming came across as rubbing it in. I had high hopes for the Chargers as did many others and to see them throw away the game, well it just sucked.

No problem man.It's all in good fun.It was never my intention to rub this in anyones face.I'm just a passionate Pats fan
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    What does this post have to do with collecting game used memorabilia?
    Bill Bellicheck is a so-called genius. But yet, he hasn't discovered the invention of shampoo.
    By the way, you rush the field after your team's kicker MAKES a field goal...not when the other team's kicker misses...totally bush league.
    Jon8us
    Yes, my reply was "sour grapes". I live in Los Angeles, so the Chargers are my hometown team. I was truly disapointed in their showing. I was too nervous to watch the game, so I listened on the radio. You have every right to gloat and praise your team. My post was made shortly after they blew the game. Sports are an emotional subject, heck, that's why grown men participate in this forum. Good luck to the Patriots. I only hope you did not jinx your team with the praises.
    By the way, Belicek could still use some shampoo...or even baby powder...or how about a cap?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Jon8us
    Yes, my reply was "sour grapes". I live in Los Angeles, so the Chargers are my hometown team. I was truly disapointed in their showing. I was too nervous to watch the game, so I listened on the radio. You have every right to gloat and praise your team. My post was made shortly after they blew the game. Sports are an emotional subject, heck, that's why grown men participate in this forum. Good luck to the Patriots. I only hope you did not jinx your team with the praises.
    By the way, Belicek could still use some shampoo...or even baby powder...or how about a cap?
    Totally understandable.By the way Albert Einstein could use some shampoo as well don't ya think?............
    jon

By the way Albert Einstein could use some shampoo as well don't ya think?............
    Einstein's wetlook theory is relative.

I`m a Native San Diegan & a Chargers fan. All I can say is "one & done" in the last 2 playoff games??? I`d give martyball the AXE right now! I read & listened to most of the Player (post-game) Interviews, the Common thread is "that`s what makes this game Special"...I agree.

Even my Mom (who Hates the Raiders) disagrees with the inappropriate Celebrations on the Field. Good luck if your Team is still in it...I wish Mine was.
    Sean

I would like to hear a legitimate argument about anyone of the teams left defeating Belichick,Brady,and company...it's just not gonna happen.Go Pats!!!!
    How can we be sure the Patriots didn't "steal" signals to help win all of their championships? We can't. If you're playing Madden and you know exactly what play your buddy is choosing... you have a good chance to win.

Talking Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

When are you all gonna learn.You know how many times i have heard this??I'll revisit this comment after the Pats win the AFC and then when the win the SB.Being a Pats fan makes me understand what it is to be a Yankees fan.Everyone hates you cause you always win(at least in the late 90's for the Yanks).....so bring it on...every time someone doubts the Pats they win the Superbowl

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    I forgot all about this boast.... I mean "post". Hey, how'd all that work out for ya'?!
    Right.
    NOT.....TOO.....GOOD.

On the upside, it looks like the Poots might have a real good shot at it again this year, that is, if the humilliating cheating scandal doesn't suck 'em down with it, and Brady stays healthy. If he goes down, they are D...O...N...E.
    Whatever. All I know is it's just not wise to make big bad boastful predictions right out in public.......it always seems to end up biting you right on the aaaaaaaaass!!

Is using steroids cheating?