X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

Originally posted by 34swtns
    jon_8_abigun', you really need to dial it back brother.

You have gone from making ridiculous predictions WAY too early in the season (for the 2nd time) to just looking like a total douche whenever anyone dares to question your team or your (lack of) good sense. You're setting yourself up for the ever-classic and always-inevitable "big fall". Nobody's questioning your "team loyalty" since you obviously have way more of that than any sane person needs. People just don't want to hear you short-changing every other team in the league before ANYBODY has any idea how this season is going to play out. Sure, your team looks good this year, but they looked good last year and eventually had their asses handed to them.
    My suggestion, don't start running your mouth until you've actually MADE THE FRIGGIN' PLAYOFFS. You aint there yet, and it's far from a "lock" that you'll make it. Like I said, Brady craps the bed and you're out of gas. Done.

Seriously..........settle. Talk trash in late December....not now. You just look stupid.
    I can take it from bothteamsplayedhard because he doesn't have the wondeful way of belittling another forum member for the way i decide to root for my team.As for you two schmucks(otismalibu) i have no need to deal with you or your crap.Bothteamsplayed hard if you wish to continue this conversation by all means.At least you go about it the right way.And as for you two schmucks i'll say whatever my little cheerleading heart feels the need to.GO PATS!
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• jon_8_us
      • May 2006

Originally posted by otismalibu
      This entire thread was started by your woofin'.

If you can't handle any responses, why don't you just go back to enjoying your laminated Sports Guy photo.
      I have a crush on Bill Simmons...does that bother you???
      Jon
      Attached Files

Comment

• mr.miracle
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jon_8_us
        A fan is a fan.Jinx come on.Thats childs crap.Do you not root for your teams?And as for the cheating...i support my team and it's coach.I can tell you that the stomp job last night was legit.We'll go from there.
        Jon

This is about the 18th time I have heard this claim that the Pats did not benefit from taping the Jets game bacause they could not have reviewed the tape in time to benefit in that 1st game and the same thing about the game last night because they obviously were not taping after getting caught. My question is, how do you know they did not benefit from this??? Many people are speculating that the Patriots may have been doing this for years. Other teams are suspected of this as well although I have not heard any specific teams mentioned as of yet. If the Patriots have been doing this for years and as ESPN football analyst Chris Mortinson surmissed, have been compiling detailed files on all NFL teams and their coordinators for years, why would we possibly think that they were not using some of that data the last two weeks? Unless any team completely switched every signal and play from season to season, there is reason to believe that past data collected would aid the Pats when they faced a team again. Granted their is a new coaching staff in place however all these coaches have been largely recycled that are now on the Chargers staff so likely files may exist on their game planning strategy if in fact this practice has been going on for years.

I found it interesting that this might not be over yet. Word from an inside Mortinson is that if additional information comes out regarding this whole practice we could literally see Belicheck suspended for the entire season. The Pats have been ordered to turn over all files related to this to the league office. How many people think Patriot employees are working around the clock in the bowels of Gilette Stadium destroying and burning files and film as we speak.

This should be interesting in how it plays out.
        Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• Nathan
          • Nov 2005

If Bob Kraft had anywhere near as much integrity as he claims, Belicheat would be out of a job.

What irritates most non-Patriots fans has been that holier-than-thou "We have more integrity than anyone else" attitude that's all wonderful. Then when head cases like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss are picked up, there's some feeble justification. And when EGREGIOUS AND FLAGRANT violations of NFL rules occur, it's "everyone else does it".

The whole thing sounds like a bunch of Notre Dame fans who, no matter what happens, always regard themselves as being morally superior to everyone else.
          Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Comment

• jon_8_us
            • May 2006

Originally posted by mr.miracle
            This is about the 18th time I have heard this claim that the Pats did not benefit from taping the Jets game bacause they could not have reviewed the tape in time to benefit in that 1st game and the same thing about the game last night because they obviously were not taping after getting caught. My question is, how do you know they did not benefit from this??? Many people are speculating that the Patriots may have been doing this for years. Other teams are suspected of this as well although I have not heard any specific teams mentioned as of yet. If the Patriots have been doing this for years and as ESPN football analyst Chris Mortinson surmissed, have been compiling detailed files on all NFL teams and their coordinators for years, why would we possibly think that they were not using some of that data the last two weeks? Unless any team completely switched every signal and play from season to season, there is reason to believe that past data collected would aid the Pats when they faced a team again. Granted their is a new coaching staff in place however all these coaches have been largely recycled that are now on the Chargers staff so likely files may exist on their game planning strategy if in fact this practice has been going on for years.

I found it interesting that this might not be over yet. Word from an inside Mortinson is that if additional information comes out regarding this whole practice we could literally see Belicheck suspended for the entire season. The Pats have been ordered to turn over all files related to this to the league office. How many people think Patriot employees are working around the clock in the bowels of Gilette Stadium destroying and burning files and film as we speak.

This should be interesting in how it plays out.
            You make a lot of good points.But the stomp job i was talking about was the Chargers game.Norv Turner went to great lengths last nite to change everything.Signals,play calls etc.And the Pats still rolled them up.Plus if the Pats cheated last night then even i would hang up my Brady jersey......
            Jon

Comment

• Nathan
              • Nov 2005

Comment

• jon_8_us
                • May 2006

Let me just say one more thing.I don't condone what happened.And i'm not ignoring it..but this has been my team for 28 years.All i can do is look at last nights game and move forward.What else can i say.The screwed up.If my brother screwed up and he apologized to me then i would give him another chance.Thats how i feel about the Pats.No holier than thou atitude there.....
                Jon

Comment

• Nathan
                  • Nov 2005

Comment

• Nathan
                    • Nov 2005

Let me just say one more thing.I don't condone what happened.And i'm not ignoring it..but this has been my team for 28 years.All i can do is look at last nights game and move forward.What else can i say.The screwed up.If my brother screwed up and he apologized to me then i would give him another chance.Thats how i feel about the Pats.No holier than thou atitude there.....
                    Jon
                    That's fine, but if your brother did something illegal against you, you forgave and forgot, and he did it again....would you still give him another chance?

Comment

• jon_8_us
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Nathan
                      That's fine, but if your brother did something illegal against you, you forgave and forgot, and he did it again....would you still give him another chance?
                      I guess it all depends on what.This is really hard for me.More than anything i just hope it never happens again.I'm not gonna harp on about how we are just the ones that got caught doing it and cheating is widespread.Fact is we got caught and punished.Best thing to do from here on out is see that it never happens again and dominate this season as many think we will..
                      Jon

Comment

• 34swtns
                        • Apr 2006

I can take it from bothteamsplayedhard because he doesn't have the wondeful way of belittling another forum member for the way i decide to root for my team.As for you two schmucks(otismalibu) i have no need to deal with you or your crap.Bothteamsplayed hard if you wish to continue this conversation by all means.At least you go about it the right way.And as for you two schmucks i'll say whatever my little cheerleading heart feels the need to.GO PATS!
                        Jon
                        Whatever, dude. You'll take it from whoever deals it, period. You don't get to choose who responds to your BS.
                        Most importantly, don't start engraving the New England Patriots' name on the damn Lombardi trophy IN FREAKIN' SEPTEMBER! What reaction do you really expect to get from people when you write off everybody else's team at the beginning of the damn season?! Everybody understands "rooting for your team", just don't be an idiot about it and do it at others' expense. It really does just make you look stupid.

So dumb.

Comment

Working...