Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

9 pro bowlers,best record,best regular season team(easily),leading sacker,all world running back Ladanian Tomlinson,and the supposed easy favorites(if you watched all the talking heads this morning).Go down at home to the budding dynasty that is the Patriots!!I would like to hear a legitimate argument about anyone of the teams left defeating Belichick,Brady,and company...it's just not gonna happen.Go Pats!!!!
    jon

Re: The mighty Chargers fall to the team of the decade

What does this post have to do with collecting game used memorabilia?
    Bill Bellicheck is a so-called genius. But yet, he hasn't discovered the invention of shampoo.
    By the way, you rush the field after your team's kicker MAKES a field goal...not when the other team's kicker misses...totally bush league.

Not again.....this time i'm well within the parameters of this forum with this particular topic.People post non game used related sports topics on this very forum everyday.You sound like sour grapes to me my friend.I believe as a contributor to this forum i can gloat when my team beats the best team in football on the road...wouldn't you?
    jon

That Pats didn't beat anyone. The Chargers beat themselves.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

The Chargers did beat themselves and gave the patriots an opportunity to hang around. It was a pathetic showing, and Marty Schottenheimer should be fired.

Ultimately it's his fault that his team was unfocused for a playoff game- (dropped passes, dumb penalties which kept new england drives alive and forced the sd to kick off from their own 15.

Even if you disagree that the above is the coach's fault- then it all comes down to marty challenging a 2nd half play which was nowhere close to a gray area. It was a wasted time out, one the team could have used on the last drive to get the fg under 50 yards.

Yes, the patriots deserved to win this game, but the chargers gave it away

LT deserves better.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

The San Diego boLT's suffered the same fate as the Houston Earler's who never toppled the Steeler's dynasty.

Eric you make good points.I never claimed the Pats dominated or anything.We could be saying the same thing about the Pats and the fact that the Chargers did not score off of Pats turnovers should not be forgotten here.The Pats had the intestinal fortitude that the Chargers lacked.Both teams made costly mistakes but the Pats cashed in on them.And did it on the road.The Chargers lost at home....
    jon

You're absolutely right, which makes it all the more pathetic. You NEVER see Bill Belichick teams make the kinds of mistakes- mental errors and unsportsmanlike conduct mistakes in big games, and yet it seems to follow Marty Schottenheimer around.

It comes down to focus and preparation, and today's game said a lot about both coaches.

Last year everyone called the Chargers "The Best Team To Not Make The Playoffs," well this year they were perhaps "The Best Team To Make The Playoffs" and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

The rest of us are done with the Patriots. Their "dynasty" is over and that will be proven once again next week or in the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    The rest of us are done with the Patriots. Their "dynasty" is over and that will be proven once again next week or in the SB.

When are you all gonna learn.You know how many times i have heard this??I'll revisit this comment after the Pats win the AFC and then when the win the SB.Being a Pats fan makes me understand what it is to be a Yankees fan.Everyone hates you cause you always win(at least in the late 90's for the Yanks).....so bring it on...every time someone doubts the Pats they win the Superbowl