Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Larry Walker bat on eBay from ZaneBats

Here's the description as of the time that he wrote back:

"You are bidding on a game-used Maple Sam baseball bat from 2002 that measures 34-1/2". Blocked letter model #CAN 1. Bat shows heavy use with pine tar, grip tape and a large crack in the handle. Uniform #15 is on the knob. Walker played for the Colorado Rockies and Montreal Expos among others. Shipping 15.00 to continental U.S. We now accept major credit cards and Paypal! Check my feedback."

Yes, he doesn't say Walker's number was 15, but he also doesn't mention that the bat was never used by Walker, which is a bit deceptive to potential bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Here's the description as of the time that he wrote back:

"You are bidding on a game-used Maple Sam baseball bat from 2002 that measures 34-1/2". Blocked letter model #CAN 1. Bat shows heavy use with pine tar, grip tape and a large crack in the handle. Uniform #15 is on the knob. Walker played for the Colorado Rockies and Montreal Expos among others. Shipping 15.00 to continental U.S. We now accept major credit cards and Paypal! Check my feedback."

Yes, he doesn't say Walker's number was 15, but he also doesn't mention that the bat was never used by Walker, which is a bit deceptive to potential bidders.

Just curious who you know walker NEVER used the bat?? Isn't there a chance walker used the bat. Then the other player started to use it?????

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Just curious who you know walker NEVER used the bat?? Isn't there a chance walker used the bat. Then the other player started to use it?????
    It's highly unlikely that would be the case, but I suppose, yes, it's possible that Larry Walker used the bat, but that'd be highly unlikely, not to mention there are no Walker attributes to that bat. Beyond that, given the number of bats players are given, I can't imagine Walker giving Neagle a used bat to use.

It's highly unlikely that would be the case, but I suppose, yes, it's possible that Larry Walker used the bat, but that'd be highly unlikely, not to mention there are no Walker attributes to that bat. Beyond that, given the number of bats players are given, I can't imagine Walker giving Neagle a used bat to use.
    Really? Because I think it's quite possible Walker gave Neagle a used bat. That happens all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Really? Because I think it's quite possible Walker gave Neagle a used bat. That happens all the time
    Nate, removing egos from this, do you think that Zane is right in not posting that the bat was likely used by Neagle? Also, Walker was very particular about putting the "3" on his bats, since that was his lucky number.

Nate, removing egos from this, do you think that Zane is right in not posting that the bat was likely used by Neagle? Also, Walker was very particular about putting the "3" on his bats, since that was his lucky number.
    Probably. But that's not how he does his auctions. Very general descriptions.

There is another word for omission