Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Larry Walker bat on eBay from ZaneBats

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191601336859

Bat exhibits no characteristics of Larry Walker.
    Bat has #15 on knob, which would match with pitcher Denny Neagle in 2002 on the Rockies. Neagle was left-handed, which would also explain the leftie usage.

I messaged Zane about this, and here is what he said in response to question asking why he doesn't mention in the listing that Walker never wore #15:

"Never said that he did It's his bat
    It has his name on it it has use for a left
    Handed hitter listing states that uniform
    Number fifteen is on the knob Not
    His uniform number 15 is on the knob
    Players share bats Bat started at $9.95 The market will tell
    Us what's it worth Money back if not
    Satisfied Regards Zanebats"

Re: Larry Walker bat on eBay from ZaneBats

Here's the description as of the time that he wrote back:

"You are bidding on a game-used Maple Sam baseball bat from 2002 that measures 34-1/2". Blocked letter model #CAN 1. Bat shows heavy use with pine tar, grip tape and a large crack in the handle. Uniform #15 is on the knob. Walker played for the Colorado Rockies and Montreal Expos among others. Shipping 15.00 to continental U.S. We now accept major credit cards and Paypal! Check my feedback."

Yes, he doesn't say Walker's number was 15, but he also doesn't mention that the bat was never used by Walker, which is a bit deceptive to potential bidders.

Shady listing at best.

This guy is so pricey on his stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Here's the description as of the time that he wrote back:

"You are bidding on a game-used Maple Sam baseball bat from 2002 that measures 34-1/2". Blocked letter model #CAN 1. Bat shows heavy use with pine tar, grip tape and a large crack in the handle. Uniform #15 is on the knob. Walker played for the Colorado Rockies and Montreal Expos among others. Shipping 15.00 to continental U.S. We now accept major credit cards and Paypal! Check my feedback."

Yes, he doesn't say Walker's number was 15, but he also doesn't mention that the bat was never used by Walker, which is a bit deceptive to potential bidders.

Just curious who you know walker NEVER used the bat?? Isn't there a chance walker used the bat. Then the other player started to use it?????

Okay, I'm probably going to be in the minority on this, but I have to ask the question - exactly how much research and detailed exposition do you expect somebody selling a bat for ten bucks to have to make? To anyone who has been collecting for more than a couple of days, the number marking on the bat is going to be the first thing you notice, and you are going to bid (or not bid at all) accordingly.

Please don't accuse me now of advocating dishonesty on the part of sellers, because that's not what I'm doing at all; I'm simply suggesting that it's not like Zane is failing to disclose that the bat is marked with a number the guy it was made for never wore - I suspect that we've all seen that happen; he's laying it out there and trusting that if somebody cares about the '15' on the knob they will either not bid on the bat or keep their bid low. Am I the only one who has ever spent a few bucks on a bat for a hard-to-find player, as a sort of a place-keeper till I found a better one?

I see that six bidders have got it up to $62.77, with a few days to go in the auction. Personally, I think it would be very interesting to be able to ASK those six bidders whether they know - or more to the point, care - whether Walker ever wore '15'. I wonder how many would retract their bid, and how many already knew and don't care. You used to be able to contact other bidders, before eBay started disguising screen names - I guess there are many good reasons for that, but in this case I think it would be interesting to be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Just curious who you know walker NEVER used the bat?? Isn't there a chance walker used the bat. Then the other player started to use it?????
    It's highly unlikely that would be the case, but I suppose, yes, it's possible that Larry Walker used the bat, but that'd be highly unlikely, not to mention there are no Walker attributes to that bat. Beyond that, given the number of bats players are given, I can't imagine Walker giving Neagle a used bat to use.

It's highly unlikely that would be the case, but I suppose, yes, it's possible that Larry Walker used the bat, but that'd be highly unlikely, not to mention there are no Walker attributes to that bat. Beyond that, given the number of bats players are given, I can't imagine Walker giving Neagle a used bat to use.
    Really? Because I think it's quite possible Walker gave Neagle a used bat. That happens all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Really? Because I think it's quite possible Walker gave Neagle a used bat. That happens all the time
    Nate, removing egos from this, do you think that Zane is right in not posting that the bat was likely used by Neagle? Also, Walker was very particular about putting the "3" on his bats, since that was his lucky number.

Nate, removing egos from this, do you think that Zane is right in not posting that the bat was likely used by Neagle? Also, Walker was very particular about putting the "3" on his bats, since that was his lucky number.
    Probably. But that's not how he does his auctions. Very general descriptions.