Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To restore or not to restore?

That is the question.

I am lucky enough to have acquired two game worn Notre Dame jerseys from the 2010 Sun Bowl. Prior to making them available to the public, the university removed the patches worn in the game. Not sure why, but they did. Anyway, I have also acquired two of the original game patches from the university. The more specific question is, do I reattach the patches to the jersey so that the jerseys will be restored to how they were on game day? The nameplates are already attached (the university didn't remove those) making these jerseys pretty special as Notre dame doesn't usually have nameplates on the backs of the jerseys except in bowl games. If I should reattach them, who should I get to do it? I guess the goal would be to attach them exactly how they were for the game, right?

Re: To restore or not to restore?

If they are game used patches from that game I personally would reapply them. Even if it was on a different jersey originally. I think it would display better and I think most would prefer them on there.

I have seen MLB team apply patches to game used jerseys after the fact so it can't be much different than that and people don't tend to mind it.

If the jersey originally had the patches on, I would reattach the patches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    If the jersey originally had the patches on, I would reattach the patches.
    I agree

Thanks for the so far unanimous response. I have a little information to add that may or may not change your mind. I was able to photomatch this jersey to a game earlier in the season. So this is a multi-game used jersey. I photomatched it to a game where there were no patches or nameplates used. For the bowl game, they added the nameplate and the Hyundai sun bowl patch. As the jersey currently sits, it has a nameplate on it, and I have an original game used patch (more than likely used on another jersey in the same game) that I can add to it. Still unanimous on me adding the patch? I am leaning towards yes. Any recommendations on where to get it done?

I would add them too. If you know the exact placement, take them to a tailor shop pinned in place and tell them what color to use.

I would want it to look like the bowl jersey. One because that is why it is so great and secondly because leaving the patches off will make it match neither of the games. Since the regular season game didn't have a nameplate.

Thanks again, guys.

To be specific, this is the jersey I want to restore. I have this Calabrese and the other one is Bennett Jackson.http://https://commons.m.wikimedia.o...e_Sun_Bowl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aallanson View Post
    Thanks again, guys.

To be specific, this is the jersey I want to restore. I have this Calabrese and the other one is Bennett Jackson.http://https://commons.m.wikimedia.o...e_Sun_Bowl.jpg
    Apparently I am unable to do links properly, lol. Just google image search Carlo Calabrese 2010 Sun Bowl and it's the first picture that comes up.

I prefer to leave things as I receive them from the team.

If you add the patch, then they have been altered and may turn off potential future buyers.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...