Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Arods 3000th hit

So what do you guys think his 3000th hit home run ball is worth?

I saw the ball hawk guy caught it. Curious how many people he pushed out of the way to get it.

Re: Arods 3000th hit

I'd pay money to see someone chuck this ballhawk SOB over the outfield fence!!

(No problems with ballhawks, just jerks who push everyone else out of the way and then expect glory.)

Personally I am glad he kept it though. All the time I see ushers walk up to kids and make it seem like they actually have to give up the ball. They then just give them a signed ball and call it good. Wish people knew the value and ask for something a little better. Like a game used bat etc.

Though I HATE how people think these players are entitled to the ball...like you should just give it up.

Ironic that this guy literally wrote the book on catching balls at the ballpark.

He did give back Trout's first HR ball... So he doesn't seem like all that bad of a guy.

If I had caught it, that ball would be in the next major auction.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Ironic that this guy literally wrote the book on catching balls at the ballpark.

He did give back Trout's first HR ball... So he doesn't seem like all that bad of a guy.

If I had caught it, that ball would be in the next major auction.
    But no one at the time knew that trout would turn out to be this great.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post

As Yanks said, giving back Trout's first HR ball, at the time, wasn't such a huge deal. It was Trout's 12th game, and he wasn't super-hyped up like this year's crop of prospects. Remember, when Trout first came up (2011), he was considered someone who could hit well, but his power hadn't fully developed yet.

Watching the video, I saw him push at least three people to get to the ball, and it looks like he might have hit someone to jar the ball loose. As for writing a book on it, I'd be more interested in how many people bought said book. Writing a book and getting published is somewhat like getting a law degree: Yes, it takes time and effort, but that alone isn't really an accomplishment.

Honestly, after I saw the clip on QuickPitch, I was thinking "Wow. That guy looks like such a punk with how he goes about his business. If someone elbowed him good, I bet he'd sue if he didn't get the ball." I hope the ball goes to auction, and I hope no one bids on it, so ARod can get it for the posting bid. Doubt that will happen, but it would be it's own twisted form of justice.

Not sure I can fault the guy for being aggressive towards catching the ball. If somebody had hit a ball worth tens of thousands of dollars towards me, I would probably be pushing another guy or two as well.

I don't like the guy and I don't really like ballhawks, but he isn't a horrible person. He has been in some bad situations, but for the most part respects everyone else. He even helps out younger ballhawks and takes time out of his day to share his secrets. I hate ballhawks and find them annoying, but hey that is his thing...whatever.

He is usually quite good about giving balls back that are meaningful. However, he isn't a big fan of A-Rod and the Yankees are sort of A holes to him. So I can't really blame him for not giving it up. Hard to blame a guy for turning down maybe $5k worth of stuff for a $100k+ ball. He also might want to help out a charity he supports with the ball.

Knowing the guy personally he is a great guy and I believe if i were in his spot I would do the same thing I asked him this year what he would do if he had caught Jeters 3000 Hit and he had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Hard to blame a guy for turning down maybe $5k worth of stuff for a $100k+ ball.
    I don't imagine the ball fetching $100k anytime soon. Yes, it was a HR and 3000th hit, but $100k seems extreme, even if he's only the third player to do the 3000th hit for a HR thing. After all, Gwynn's 3000th hit game batting gloves and cap were offered at a measly $5k.