Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "You Play Like a Girl"...

I really can't imagine someone having a problem with women in MLB as long as there aren't significant rule changes to game play in order to accommodate them. If we heard Lo Lo Jones was attempting to play SS and model her game after Billy Hamiltons'.. show me one fan who would not be excited.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    I really can't imagine someone having a problem with women in MLB as long as there aren't significant rule changes to game play in order to accommodate them. If we heard Lo Lo Jones was attempting to play SS and model her game after Billy Hamiltons'.. show me one fan who would not be excited.
    There should NOT be any changes to accommodate them!!!

Really, I think they should play in their own league. Unless they are better than some of the MLB players.

Political correctness has ruined enough things in this country.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    There should NOT be any changes to accommodate them!!!

Really, I think they should play in their own league. Unless they are better than some of the MLB players.

Political correctness has ruined enough things in this country.
    If somebody is good enough to play pro Baseball, even at the Major League level, how is it "political correctness" not to stand in their way? I haven't heard anyone suggest that rules be changed or accommodations be made, beyond perhaps a separate place to dress and shower. As for their being "better than some of the MLB players", that's going to inevitably happen, probably in the pitching ranks and in the American League (unless they do away with the DH first).

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    If somebody is good enough to play pro Baseball, even at the Major League level, how is it "political correctness" not to stand in their way? I haven't heard anyone suggest that rules be changed or accommodations be made, beyond perhaps a separate place to dress and shower. As for their being "better than some of the MLB players", that's going to inevitably happen, probably in the pitching ranks and in the American League (unless they do away with the DH first).
    Jeff, read the post below mine that I quoted.

I seriously doubt a woman will be good enough to play in the MLB. A woman pitching over 90 MPH?

This is all a moot point.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Jeff, read the post below mine that I quoted.

I seriously doubt a woman will be good enough to play in the MLB. A woman pitching over 90 MPH?

This is all a moot point.
    Mo'ne Davis throws a 70mph fastball, and she's only 14. She's well on her way to 90mph.

There's no reason that some women could not also take their place in the ranks of position players. Think of some of the "scrappy" little guys who've had very successful Major League careers.