Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up Re: eBay seller duddyrpm

minn4mk's listing was prematurely ended because of a so-called "error in the listing". Is it for real this time, or will it show up again with a third seller?

Dave Miedema

Re: eBay seller duddyrpm

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    minn4mk's listing was prematurely ended because of a so-called "error in the listing". Is it for real this time, or will it show up again with a third seller?

Dave Miedema
    According to a former member of GUU he was contacted and pulled the listing until he can do more research.

For those of you americans are you able to report him to the fbi? It's interstate commerce fraud us it not? F--k that guy, he's a crook. Drives me nuts seeing hos bs listings

Hi.......just wondering what caps are of most concern regarding cap sizes? It seems the majority of them fall within the proper cap size . For example, Randy Johnson wore size 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 during his career. Ozzie Smith wore size 7, 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. Mark McGwire wore size 7 3/8, 7 1/2, and 7 5/8. Also concerning player ID, players as well as equipment managers were the ones responsible for locating names, numbers, etc. inside the caps.

Ozzie Smith on occasion had "OZ" inside his cap. There is a Donruss and a Fleer baseball card of him showing the underside of his Cardinals cap where you can clearly see the "OZ" under the number "1". Mark McGwire caps can be found with "MAC"inside and Barry Bonds caps can be found with "BONDS" inside.

Look.......bottom line is R E S E A RC H !!! I have said this numerous times on here. Resources are available for people as reference. If you want to know what teams a player played for..........what sizes he wore.........what manufacturers made the caps, what ID is most common inside the caps, etc...., then you should make an effort to find out these things. Look at the inventory of major auction houses and see what they are offering. This can be a major source of valuable information.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

Walt,

I have done my research, that is why the seller in question was called out and I called out the caps that i had proof on.

While auction houses are good for information not all auction houses are legit.

Also this is not the first time this seller has tried to deceive.

Also FYI if the seller had nothing to hide why did he end all his auctions and make his profile private ? Sounds fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    ....Also FYI if the seller had nothing to hide why did he end all his auctions and make his profile private ? Sounds fishy to me.
    You're right. His doing this after he was warned his activities have been reported to the DA arguably shows consciousness of guilt. Honestly, I hate to see people go through criminal prosecution but this guy has brought it on himself if it happens. In any case, it would be nice if he just stopped his dishonest ways. People like him are exactly the reason this hobby is such a trap for the unwary.

Phil.......it seems you and everyone else totally missed the purpose of my post. It wasn't to call out anyone based on what they are selling on Ebay or point fingers at any wrongdoing whatsoever. I simply was letting people know that in order to successfully collect and acquire caps (and even helmets), one has to research and know a good bit about the players, teams, ID, etc. If collectors want to avoid being a "trap for the unwary", then it is their responsibility to find out alot about what they are planning to buy. This can be done by checking out cap collector websites, auction inventories, and yes even Ebay sometimes. Looking at baseball cards to see how a player wears his hair is even important.

Education and research helps you make wise decisions and I understand some of you have done just that. More power to you. Keep it up. Let us know when you see good items and bad items. Post questions about caps and you should get an answer. I am happy to help whenever possible.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyman77 View Post
    Phil.......it seems you and everyone else totally missed the purpose of my post. It wasn't to call out anyone based on what they are selling on Ebay or point fingers at any wrongdoing whatsoever. I simply was letting people know that in order to successfully collect and acquire caps (and even helmets), one has to research and know a good bit about the players, teams, ID, etc. If collectors want to avoid being a "trap for the unwary", then it is their responsibility to find out alot about what they are planning to buy. This can be done by checking out cap collector websites, auction inventories, and yes even Ebay sometimes. Looking at baseball cards to see how a player wears his hair is even important.

Education and research helps you make wise decisions and I understand some of you have done just that. More power to you. Keep it up. Let us know when you see good items and bad items. Post questions about caps and you should get an answer. I am happy to help whenever possible.

-Walt

Tallyman77
    I gotcha. Thanks Walt

Hi Greg M. and thanks for your email. Your question concerning cap sizes for Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken will be answered here. I have seen Eddie Murray caps in both 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. Remember Murray had the big hair while with the Orioles and not so big while with the other teams as his career came to an end. Yes indeed I would stay away from any sizes below a 7 3/8 for sure.

Cal Ripken wore 7 1/4 very early in his career and then 7 3/8 as the years went on. I have even seen a 7 1/2 during his final two years.

Also I will check on the Boog Powell and Mike Cuellar caps for you and let you know. I do know the seller still has them and hasn't offered them to Mears yet. He did sell the Dave McNally last month to a McNally family member.

Thanks again!

-Walt

Tallyman

Quote Originally Posted by Sulross View Post
    You're right. His doing this after he was warned his activities have been reported to the DA arguably shows consciousness of guilt. Honestly, I hate to see people go through criminal prosecution but this guy has brought it on himself if it happens. In any case, it would be nice if he just stopped his dishonest ways. People like him are exactly the reason this hobby is such a trap for the unwary.
    This seller I know him as Nate not sure what his last name is has been doing this crap for years. He has literally had that I am aware of more than a dozen ebay user names and I am sure that I am missing some as well and when caught or called out on something just goes on to the next name and starts the process all over again.

I would not be in the least bit worried about him being prosecuted he has brought this on himself. He was presented with irrefutable evidence by a forum member several years back and was threatened with legal action then if he did not cease and desist these activities yet here he is again using yet another ebay user name doing the same stuff again. He has scammed dozens and dozens of people with complete crap time and time again. I am also aware that numerous people have reported him to ebay time and time again and ebay as usual has done absolutely nothing about any of this. They are far too concerned with more important things like getting their sales commissions than worrying about fradulent activity being perpetrated on their site time and again.

It is pathetic that this has been allowed to continue for years and nobody has done anything about it. I myself have reported him to ebay multiple times over multiple items with many of his user names and again nothing is ever done about it.

Hopefully somehow, someway this gets shut down once and for all.

I am glad at least that this is being called out by numerous forum members maybe at some point it ends.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.