Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

eBay seller duddyrpm

Just saw some MLB authenticated Orioles helmets that duddyrpm listed on eBay and thought the numbers on the reverse didn't look like numbers the Orioles used. He is selling one as a Wieters #32 and one as a Machado #13. They are authenticated as issued (not player specific) but do show use. I did some research on the authentication numbers and discovered that when they were sold by MLB, they did NOT have any numbers on the reverse....Even found where he purchased the black helmet a week ago on eBay and apparently applied a number 13 so he could say it was a Machado. Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this guy? Has a 100% rating, but most items are non-sports related.

Pics - 1st and 2nd are of "Machado" he is selling and 3rd is of the same helmet sold a week ago. Notice the exact same bare spot right above the bird logo.

4th pic is of the MLB website helmet sold and 5th pic is of the one he is selling with the exact same authentication number.

You decide....
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: eBay seller duddyrpm

Last pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Contact eBay and report him for counterfeit goods, they will freeze his account and ban him for life.

Contact eBay and report him for counterfeit goods, they will freeze his account and ban him for life. Just click on report item

I reported the item with previous item listing number. Unfortunately, they don't give many characters to detail the fraudulent activity. I hope more people file a report as well and hopefully at least one of these attempts at fraud is stopped.

Ebay is real slow to remove anything that isn't reported by a Vero Member. I still reported them as well.

Yeah, same guy seems to have "lost" a lot of COA's from other game used items he has listed as well. I sent him messages about the helmets just with some innocent questions at first and he answered them, but when I started to question the numbers and told him I knew he put them there, he started to get real defensive and even told me they were consignments....

What a horrible fraud too. Trying to sell a "real" Machado game used helmet and doesn't even mention it would be a rookie game used helmet. Since the new style was started in 2013.

You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslynch View Post
    he started to get real defensive and even told me they were consignments....
    Consignments? But he said in the listing that he paid $750 and his loss is my gain.

What a hoot.

I know of the owner of some of the other items being sold by this seller (specifically a jersey and a bat that are listed). This individual has had various eBay names over the past few years for good reason. The seller himself seems to specialize in records, not sports memorabilia. I believe it is possible these things are being listed under an account that is not the actual owner of the items account. Coincidentally the last account name the owner had that I know of was a phone # beginning with "7" and ending with "7". If you look at the bidder's name on the Wieters helmet it is "7***7". It's possible that he is also bidding up his own items.