Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Tom Brady 2005-06 game worn uniform (Last worn in playoff win, Brady goes to 10-0)
    Photographed here is a historical Tom Brady home uniform (Jersey, Pants, socks). The uniform is unwashed and was last worn in the 2005-06 playoffs in a home win over the Jaguars on January 7, 2006. In this game Brady would bring his playoff record to a then record 10-0. The Patriots would lose their next game on the road in Denver. One of the unique aspects of this uniform is that it is from a home playoff win, and at the time Gillette Stadium still had grass (switched to field turf in 2006) which allowed this jersey to get dirtied up more. Two other home playoff jerseys of Brady's that exist and were last worn in wins are his SB 36 and 38 jerseys which are both in the HOF (2006-07 Brady also won a playoff game at home before losing on the road). In 2005 Brady was a Pro Bowler and led the league in Passing, with 4110 yards, for the first time in his career. Sports Illustrated named Brady 2005 Sportsman of the Year as well.

The 2005 Patriots started off the season with a home opener against the Raiders. In this game they wore a SB champs patch, this jersey was not worn in the opener. After the opener, I believe this jersey may have been worn for the rest of the season. On the right and left sleeve flying elvis logos, there are creases present that can be seen starting in week 2 on the road (@carolina) until the playoff game against Jacksonville.

As is customary on current Brady jerseys, there is a hemmed waist. An elastic band is present in the waist. Open sleeves are present as well. A few team repairs are present on the jersey (one on the front left shoulder near the TV numbers and a few on the back).

The pants have a few team repairs present as well. The back of the left pant leg has a cut on it which is present in various photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

"MichaelofSF" - Incredible Tom Brady Game Used Uniform!! Gotta be one of the best out there! I must ask, what size/type of football pads are you using to display your jerseys on? Would you say that these pads are better for the older style jerseys that were more loose then the newer fitted jerseys players wear today?

Vin

1995-1997 Ben Coates

Quote Originally Posted by Gopack1782 View Post
    "MichaelofSF" - Incredible Tom Brady Game Used Uniform!! Gotta be one of the best out there! I must ask, what size/type of football pads are you using to display your jerseys on? Would you say that these pads are better for the older style jerseys that were more loose then the newer fitted jerseys players wear today?

Vin
    Vin, you can see pics of my set up here. I do prefer the Youth XXL. I use them for older and newer jerseys. Perhaps if I had some older LB jerseys or something like that I would move to something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets
    1995-1997 Ben Coates
    Helmets, very awesome Ben Coates helmet, love the match on that! Here was a Coates SB helmet, I have no idea who owns it.

Deion Branch 2012 game used helmet (NFL Auctions PSA/DNA/Hunt Auctions)
    Branch was originally drafted by the Patriots in 2002 and won two Super Bowls (SB 39 MVP) before being traded to Seattle before the 2006 season. He returned via trade during the 2010 season and last played in 2012. In his first stint with the Pats Branch wore #83, on his return Welker was wearing #83 so Branch wore #84. This road game was last worn at Seattle as part of the BCA jerseys that were collected from the Pats in October. This jersey was also worn in week 2 at Buffalo. I have no idea if it was worn in the road game before that in Baltimore. The jersey remains unwashed with some dirt/paint on the jersey

Michael, your 2005 Brady uniform is an incredible set! Fantastic work on the photo-matching.

I don't think I've ever seen any of Brady's postseason gear outside of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I recently purchased a Super Bowl XLII game used football, autographed by Brady.

I've only seen two other examples of Super Bowl game used footballs autographed by Brady:

*Super Bowl XXXVI: via SCP Auctions (link)
    *Super Bowl XXXVIII: via SCP Auctions (link)

Despite the loss to the Giants, I feel that 2007-08 was Brady's greatest season. There was a lot of history in that game, so having one of the footballs used in it is very cool. Having it autographed by Brady is even cooler.

David Givens 2005 game used home jersey SB champs patch (Patriots LOA)
    Givens career with the Patriots lasted only 4 seasons, but when he left he was the Patriots leading postseason TD catcher (7 TDs). The Patriots opened the 2005 season at home against the Raiders and wore the SB XXXIX champions patch on their jerseys that night. The Patriots also wore their blue jerseys in the preseason against the Saints and Giants. I am not sure if this jersey was worn in those games or not but it was last worn in the opener. I think this may be the case as the jersey looks like it has been washed for more than just one game. An elastic band is present in the waist area. 05-48 tag in the neck area. Givens had 2 catches for 31 yards in that game.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't know you had Patriots as well. Your trophy room must look amazing.

someone else please feel free to post your Pats items....

Troy Brown circa 2003 game used cleats (Patriots LOA)
    Fan favorite and Patriots Hall of Famer Troy Brown wore these cleats. These have been style matched to 2003 game photos. There are holes cut in both toe areas. The cleats have been autographed by Troy. Grass remains stuck to the bottom of the cleats. Brown's #80 is written on the back heel of each cleat.

I'll play - my latest is a 2011 Vince Wilfork game used throwback jersey with the Myra Kraft patch.

This was an easy photo match with the jersey in-hand, this was worn against the Jets on October 9th. Glad I landed it - it's an awesome jersey from a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl season. This jersey has lots of loose threads, paint transfers, and scuffs, along with number puckering, and a team repair on the back.

WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

hello everyone ...i'm new here but have been admiring all the collections and drooling especially the museum pieces of Michaelofsf ... amazing collection ..my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn. I figure game issue are still more valuable than regular store bought and I cant afford the elite players gamers. i'm now at around 75 jerseys with about 25 being gamers and the rest actual team issues ....all patriots .... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve