X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelofSF
    • Apr 2007

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Originally posted by patsfan
    I just got a patriots Benjamin Watson and Patrick pass game worn ...The Patrick Pass was worn opening night in 2005 and sports the super bowl 39 champions patch
    cool pickups, please share when you have a chance.

Ty Law 2002 game used home jersey (Patriots LOA)
    This is a navy Ty Law jersey that was first worn in 2002. After the Super Bowl winning season of 2001 the Patriots switched from Adidas to Reebok. A cool tidbit of info that I learned from Jim is that in some of Ty Law's jerseys the year tag would be removed, I have no idea why. This one has 02-46 in the neck. The jersey has Law's open sleeves that he started wearing in 2000. Anyway this jersey has a few team repairs and hit marks. Pretty good use for a cornerback jersey. A larger repair is present on the front between the 2 and 4. In 2002 Ty Law made his 3rd (out of 5) Pro Bowl. Law is currently a member of the Patriots Hall of Fame and last year was a semifinalist for Canton. It would be awesome if he can eventually make it in there. Every Patriots fan has a memory in their head of Ty Law wearing the navy jersey in Super Bowl 36 picking of Warner and taking it to the house.
    Attached Files

Comment

• patsfan
      • Dec 2015

Michael ..... yet another incredible jersey you have there ... i'll try to post some of mine when I figure out how to do it ..... my collection pales compared to yours but I love collecting ..thanks for sharing your collection and your knowledge .... steve

Comment

• jeffaary
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by patsfan
        Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve
        My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.

Comment

• patsfan
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jeffaary
          My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.
          thanks jeff I just looked at my jerseys and none of the logos were moved. when I tried a photo match I found it interesting that not only were the logos just above the numbers but on some jerseys the starter logo was actually to the side of the numbers

Comment

• patsfan
            • Dec 2015

Comment

• jeffaary
              • Jan 2009

The linemen jerseys had the logos to the side of the numbers for several seasons because they had those short sleeves that tucked under the shoulder pads and there was no room for logos under or over the numbers. The position players did not have the numbers to the side.

My Byars Super bowl jersey also does not have a Custom Crafted Stamp.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                • Apr 2007

Ty Law 2001-2002 era game used cleats (Patriots LOA)
                I couldn't find a Ty Law jersey for the longest time. So I purchased some game used cleats a few years back. These are style matched to 2001-2002. They are size 12. Law typically had tape on the upper part of his cleats/ankles. These might be from the Green Bay game in 2002. There are some holes cut in the toe area, Law did not do this on all of his cleats. 24 is written on the heel of each cleat.
                Attached Files

Comment

• paul457
                  • Dec 2012

Couple of issued jerseys I picked up recently.

2014 Gronk Pro Bowl:

1994 Bledsoe home jersey w75th patch:

WTB -
                  Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
                  Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
                  Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                    • Apr 2007

Tobey, thanks for sharing. I still am on the lookout for a well documented team sourced or photmatched Bledsoe game worn jersey for my own collection.

John Lynch 2008 game used jersey (final jersey of Lynch's career, Patriots LOA)
                    I've posted this jersey before on the NFL thread. At the end of Lynch's hopefully HOF career, he spent a preseason with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. During one of the Patriots telecasts this year, Lynch offered some insight into his time there. He was studying really hard to learn the system and had spent a lot of time with BB getting coached up. Before the last preseason game Lynch knew that he was going to retire and told BB, but asked that he let him play the whole game since he knew it was going to be his last game. In the final game against the Giants, Lynch has 8 total tackles (5 solo). It was kind of cool to hear the reason as to why he (a possible HOFer) played well into the end of the 4th preseason game with other people just trying to make a practice squad. Anyway the jersey has a pretty large repair on the back as well as some other repairs in the shoulder area and back of jersey. "08-46" is present in the neck area and the waist is elasticized. It matches up with the road game at Tampa and the finale at NYG. The mesh holes match up and a horizontal crease on the front 4 above the internal triangle can be seen in pics.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• paul457
                      • Dec 2012

Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.

WTB -

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by paul457
                        Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.
                        Awesome Mayo jersey, love the HOF patch. The second half of that game was maybe Brady's best half of football ever, great comeback that came up just short.

Troy Brown 1999 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
                        I was finally able to obtain a Troy Brown game used jersey that showed legitimate use. This 1999 Brown jersey came direct from the Patriots and has a repair on the back shoulder. In 1999 Adidas started manufacturing the Patriots game jerseys and after the 1999 season changed the uniform style to pretty much what it is today. This is my first 1999 jersey and one difference that I noticed on this jersey compared to other Starter era Patriots jerseys is that the numbers do not have the same amount of bubbling up/folding that happens after washing a few times. I do not know if this is present across other 1999 Patriots jerseys compared to the 95-98 Starter jerseys or just this one.

Anyway, this jersey has cuffed sleeves. Troy Brown switched to shorter open sleeves around 2002. On the inner part of the cuffed sleeves a slit is present on both arms. On the front a "99" year tag is present along with the Adidas tag. A good amount of the silver of the shoulder logos has been washed away. Ball/dirt marks are present on the numerals.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                          • Apr 2007

Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey (Patriots LOA as issued)
                          Harrison came over to the Patriots in 2003 and won two Super Bowls with the Pats. He ended up spending 6 seasons in New England and retired after the 2008 season. In 2005 Harrison wore this home colored jersey. He last wore it on the road in week 2 against Carolina. In that game he had 8 combined tackles (7 total, 1 ast) and 1 pass defense. The following week at Pittsburgh he injured his knee and was out for the rest of the year. Harrison did not wear this jersey in week 1 (SB champs patch) and may or may not have worn in the preseason. The jersey has been washed, but some remnant marks are still present on the numerals and also some hit marks on the blue parts. Upon examination of game photos from the week 2 game, some of the threads, mesh holes and numerical stains can be found on the jersey and in pictures. The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length. There is an elastic band in the waist that is hemmed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MichaelofSF
                            Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length.
                            Correction, it is a size 50 with +2 inches in length

Comment

• paul457
                              • Dec 2012

Dammit, I should have done more research.

Awesome pickup Michael, you got that Harrison for a song!
                              WTB -

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                                • Apr 2007

Ty Law 1998 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
                                I finally have been able to add a matching style Ty Law (1998 home) and Lawyer Milloy (1996 home) to my collection. One of my favorite posters growing up was "The Firm" with Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy on it. Anyway, about the jersey... the jersey is from the Starter era. Inside the neck there is a Set 1 Custom Crafted tag. The jersey is a size 48 with a repair present on the rear. The jersey has cuffed sleeves as that is how Ty Law wore his jerseys until the 2000 season. In 1998 Law led the NFL in interceptions with 9 (7 in the home jersey), including one returned for a TD in this jersey. He was selected to the 1st Team All Pro.

Any other Pats pickups out there?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...