Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeffaary View Post
    Michael:

This is great info, but as I've learned in the last few years there are no absolutes with this era of Patriots jerseys. Specifically regarding the Custom Crafted stamp, not all Patriots jerseys got them. When the Patriots Pro Shop started selling jerseys on their website a couple of years ago I ordered what was listed as a 1997 Keith Byars home jersey. I already had a home 1996 Terry Glenn and a 1997 road Byars, each of which had Custom Crafted stamps, as did every other Pats jersey from that era that I had seen. When the jersey arrived it did not have the CC stamp. My first thought was it was a fake, but the jersey had a TON of marks/burns/damage/repairs and it came straight from the Patriots. I went to the internet to see if I could photo match it. It took all of 2 seconds to identify it as the jersey Byars wore in the 1996-97 AFC divisional playoff and Championship games against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. When I was in Boston last year I met with Jim Scollins from the Pro Shop and told him this. He told me that during that time frame the Pats actually used three different shops to do the names/numbers/logos, not just Custom Crafted.
    Thanks for the great info, good to know! I'm glad we have a place to share and organize Patriots Game Used knowledge. Please share pics of the jerseys when you have time to.

1994 season - 1995 (preseason) Willie McGinest game used jersey (Patriots COA)
    As I had mentioned earlier, the Patriots wore Apex One in the preseason of 1995 before switching to Starter in the opener. This McGinest jersey was worn during his rookie year of 1994. The 75th patch has been removed. In the preseason of 1995 the 1994 style is pictured without the 75th patch (last picture). Multiple repairs are present on this jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images