Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Charles Haley jersey on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Hale...item33a6116c45

Please take a look and share your thoughts. Is this the correct tag? Any input is appreciated.

Banned

Smile Re: Charles Haley jersey on eBay

The photos look good, and the tag is appropriate for the era. It's likely a 1991 jersey that may have seen use in 1992, as well or exclusively. The NFL neck logo dates it to no earlier than 1991.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Re: Charles Haley jersey on eBay

The Cowboys only wore a Russell jersey during Haley's first season with the team: 1992. Two big problems with the eBay jersey:

1) The nameplate font is wrong. In '92, "Haley" appeared in a thin stencil font, whereas the eBay one is noticeably thicker/blocky.

2) There should be Russell logos on each sleeve above the stripes. No such logos can be found on the eBay jersey.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Charles Haley jersey on eBay

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzA0WDUwMA==/z/7sQAAOSwpdpVbL2u/$_1.JPG

I can't comment yet on the NOB, but the 1992 Action Packed Rookie Update card of Haley #54 shows Haley sleeve bereeft of a Russell logo. I misread the listing of his stats, and agree with slats7 that the jersey had to be from 1992. His 1992 Game Day card also shows no R logo on the sleeve. The gobbledy-gook atop this post is a photo of the Action Packed card, but this is all I get when I try to copy and paste the photo.

Dave M.

Banned

Okay, after a little more research, it's clear that the Russell logo did not appear on the home white unis until WK 7 vs Kansas City (and possibly WK 6 vs Seattle).

WK 2:

WK 3:

WK 7:

so while the nameplate still looks iffy, the lack of a sleeve logo is not a disqualifier

Banned

Question Re: Charles Haley jersey on eBay

Maybe a restored NOB plate?...

Dave M.

You guys are great. Thanks for the input. I don't remember ever seeing that font, now that you mention it. I've wanted a Haley jersey for so long, but I guess I'll pass on this one.