Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Official 2015 NSCC Thread ~ Chicago, July 29-Aug 2

I wish there was a National or Tri-Star like show where instead of cards it was just autographs and game used. Have autograph guests like the National. They could have authentication stations for GU. They could even have a live auction.

I think it would be a cool idea. I'm surprised there hasn't been something like this.

Back in the late 1990's, some collectors/dealers from the Baltimore/DC area used to host an annual show, which was just game used material.....I miss those days!

Banned

Exclamation Re: Official 2015 NSCC Thread ~ Chicago, July 29-Aug 2

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Back in the late 1990's, some collectors/dealers from the Baltimore/DC area used to host an annual show, which was just game used material.....I miss those days!
    Bill, I remember those. I even attended one, and would have attended more, except for a falling out with one of the promoters. LOTS of nice game-used stuff. I may be mistaken, but I believe at some point the show allowed other types of sports collectibles, as long as they were from 1976 or earlier.

Dave Miedema

I attended a couple of those shows in DC. Dealers from that era such as Ball 4 Sports, Smokin' Pistols (Tom Sharon with a table of A's flannels), Football Heaven (Bob Drzewiecki), Sports Warehouse, and others were set up at the first show I attended circa 1995. Sadly, most at that show are no longer in business along with other reputable dealers from that era who have either closed shop, retired, or passed away such as the legendary Dick Dobbins and Floyd Hartel. I miss those days as it seemed a bit more fun waiting for the next team buy from one of those dealers.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

STILL LOOKING FOR WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS (1974 and 1975 WFL)