Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Trout bat in Goldin

Did someone match this bat to Trout's first career HR?
    http://www.goldinauctions.com/2011_M...-LOT15160.aspx

Re: Trout bat in Goldin

Am I reading that right? $18K for a Trout bat??

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Am I reading that right? $18K for a Trout bat??

WOW!
    The Ted Williams went for 13k.

We have always and continue to get tremendous prices for Trout items.
    I personally was quite pleased with the $106,000 we achieved for our consignor on the 1997-98 Jordan regular season jersey we photo matched for him
    And, of course, we are accepting consignments NOW for October Legends
    ken@goldinauctions.com

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2011_M...-LOT15160.aspx

Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $18,832.5 2011 Trout PSA 10

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2012_M...-LOT16630.aspx
    Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $10,327.5 2012 Trout PSA GU-9

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2012_M...-LOT16601.aspx
    Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $2,673

and I imagine the consignor of the signed ball was happy with this
    http://www.goldinauctions.com/Mike_T...-LOT16887.aspx

Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $607.5

This hobby has so many dumb people. Who pays $2,000 for just a baseball. Or 18k for s trout rookie bat. That is crazy! 18k is more then some mantle bats, Williams, etc. even if trout ended up being the greatest(he won't) his items still should not be this high. There will be hundreds of his bats on the market by the time he retires.

Just my two cents, I wouldn't label the people dumb for paying that. Obviously two people really wanted it and they had the expendable income to go that high and get it. If I wanted it and had money to spend, I'd probably do the same thing for the things I want.

Look at the Oshie jersey from the olympics, thing sold for $23K. Two guys wanted it and had the money to spend. Great for them. I wish I did whatever they did to get that much loot so I could bid on something like that and win it. I would've loved to have it but my pockets weren't that full. Just don't know why we have to label people stupid or dumb for bidding that if they have that much money to throw around.

I'd love to be in their shoes with that type of expendable income.

May I safely say that Brock did not consign any Trout items to the auction!

Items are worth what people wish to pay for them. I think $225,000 for a bottle of wine that is pure vinegar, or $4.6 million for a car used in a tv show that doesn't drive (Batmobile) is crazy....or...a painting of a few lines and a box selling for $50 million is insane
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32749820

people buy what makes them happy, and as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase
    I remember when I was a young collector in 1980 and 3 1952 topps Mickey mantle cards sold for $4500 total...a whopping price
    it was a limited but not a rare card
    well I just sold one for $400,000 and if I had the nicest one of the lot I could get $4 million for it now

I would rather own any of the trout items that he ACTUALLY USED then a piece of cardboard with an intentional limited print that is randomly inserted into a $4 pack of cards and is assigned a value of $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    This hobby has so many dumb people. Who pays $2,000 for just a baseball. Or 18k for s trout rookie bat. That is crazy! 18k is more then some mantle bats, Williams, etc. even if trout ended up being the greatest(he won't) his items still should not be this high. There will be hundreds of his bats on the market by the time he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase
    I think that's a very valid point. You're seeing lots of things like Barcades (craft beer/bars with 80's arcade games in them) being opened by a younger set of business owners now for example. Things that were nostalgic to them that now they have the assets can pursue.

Selfishly I'm glad we went right from Mantle to Trout and skipped my generation

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    +1
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by Redcar23 View Post
    Just my two cents, I wouldn't label the people dumb for paying that. Obviously two people really wanted it and they had the expendable income to go that high and get it. If I wanted it and had money to spend, I'd probably do the same thing for the things I want.

Look at the Oshie jersey from the olympics, thing sold for $23K. Two guys wanted it and had the money to spend. Great for them. I wish I did whatever they did to get that much loot so I could bid on something like that and win it. I would've loved to have it but my pockets weren't that full. Just don't know why we have to label people stupid or dumb for bidding that if they have that much money to throw around.

I'd love to be in their shoes with that type of expendable income.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post

Items are worth what people wish to pay for them. I think $225,000 for a bottle of wine that is pure vinegar, or $4.6 million for a car used in a tv show that doesn't drive (Batmobile) is crazy....or...a painting of a few lines and a box selling for $50 million is insane
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32749820

people buy what makes them happy, and as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase
    I remember when I was a young collector in 1980 and 3 1952 topps Mickey mantle cards sold for $4500 total...a whopping price
    it was a limited but not a rare card
    well I just sold one for $400,000 and if I had the nicest one of the lot I could get $4 million for it now

I would rather own any of the trout items that he ACTUALLY USED then a piece of cardboard with an intentional limited print that is randomly inserted into a $4 pack of cards and is assigned a value of $10,000

Both +1