Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Show me) Documented Play MLB baseballs

Not only are there MLB hologram baseballs to a particular game, strikeout, or hit, but baseballs with a MLB hologram to an UNUSUAL PLAY. If this has been around I've never noticed. So apologies in advance if they have been, but in any event lets see this particular item in our hobby. I fear they'll all look alike but lets give it a shot. I picked up two tonight from MLB auctions. The first is Grady Sizemore robbing Wilbur Flores of a home run on 8/7/15 in Tampa:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: (Show me) Documented Play MLB baseballs

Astros Jose Altuve being tagged out at home on 7/24/15 by Drew Butera after a lazer throw by Kansas City's Alcides Escobar.

I have a Puig hit by pitch ball against the Padres from this season - thought it might start a brawl, but never did

I was once accused - on another forum, as I recall - of being a bad, morbid person because I mentioned, half humorously, that I wouldn't mind having the ball that Randy Johnson killed the dove with in ST...and having the bird (or what was left of it) stuffed and mounted atop the baseball.

Nothing wrong with that baseball at least on this thread, especially if MLB holograms it. Today I believe it would since MLB auctions presently has many baseballs, as mentioned that players (humans) were hit by. So why are birds sacrosanct?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I was once accused - on another forum, as I recall - of being a bad, morbid person because I mentioned, half humorously, that I wouldn't mind having the ball that Randy Johnson killed the dove with in ST...and having the bird (or what was left of it) stuffed and mounted atop the baseball.

That ball, and taxidermied bird, belongs on display at the Hall of Fame.

....with feathers flying suspended in the Cooperstown display. Sizemore/Flores baseball arrived yesterday from Tropicana Field. Has our hobby gotten better with the participation of MLB? I would say yes. This baseball was within reach (pun) of what I could afford. One of the few hobbies where we can get invested money back ( hopefully). Happy Saturday. Hope everyone's well and your team is in the pennant race.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/stev...ee-this-season

I have the Souza Jr bunted "little league" home run.

I'm not sure why both pictures didn't attach. There really isn't as cool of an action shot as the Grady catch to post, but here's the ball.

Seattle Mariners vs White Dox
    Danks pitch in dirt to Marte
    (Not so glamorous but great game wear and only 35$ case included!) I got it for my 1.5 year old's first game we went to together