Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Earl Campbell Jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141741762120...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks like a cool jersey.
    Any thoughts?

Re: Earl Campbell Jersey

I would never buy anything from that seller.

Not sure if the seller is clueless or just plays that way but lots of his items are not authentic.

He has been discussed plenty of times on this forum.

I think the seller is a good seller. I think his gear is legit. The Campbell shirt is as good as gold. It may get 3K.

Over the years I have seen jonstats sell lots of bogus gear including supposed game used caps, jerseys, shorts with freshly sharpie numbers ect...

Regardless if the seller plays dumb it's still does not make it right

From my experience I would be
    careful.

Reading past posts though I can see you are a fan/supporter of his. To each thier own.

Banned

Angry Re: Earl Campbell Jersey

Someone emailed me a few days ago about that jersey. The 4's on every Campbell Oilers photo I found had serifs at the base of the 4, while this one didn't. I would stay away.

FTR: I don't believe jonstats is dishonest, but I do believe he either doesn't take time for research or doesn't do a very good job of it.

Dave Miedema

over 2,000 hopefully someone reads this post before they pay.

Notice the bottom of the number "4". Compare jonstats jersey's "4" to all the game photos from 1978. You will quickly see why this is not as advertised.

Here is a great post from back in 2014.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=59448

I know its a powder blue jersey, but........

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600...1978_10_29.jpg

Whats weird is the 4 on the sleeve is different than the 4 on the front, in this photo.

Plus, the color on the numbers on the jonstats jersey looks to be a little lighter than they should be. Could be the flash on the camera, not sure.

The listing shows the jersey as being a 1978 Russell tear away jersey. These tear away jerseys were banned starting in 1979. He listed the jersey as a 1978 rookie tear away. Is it possible he wore a tear away jersey in a game in 1978 and had to have another to replace it at some point? I am not familiar with all the different fonts that Russell tear aways or non tear away Wilson jerseys he might have used.

I bought a jersey off that nasty table! To me he came off as a flipper and not much of a collector. The jersey originally sold on eBay for $280 in October of 2014, then it sold through Mears for $371 with juice around December of 2014.
    Then in January of 2015, it re-appeared on eBay and I got it for less than the original 2 sales.

The seller (jonstats) was very upset because he thought it was going to bring much more than what it sold for on eBay... Sounded like it was a sure flip for profit that wasn't...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't have issues with a flipper to each their own.That is not my concern. My concern was the items authenticity. Clearly I am not the only one that sees the issues.