Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Was this gary sheffield hat game worn?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I wanted to add that I completely understand where dre707 is coming from though. While us "die-hards" know Dave and his reputation very well for someone in dre707's situation who may want to market his hat to a wider customer base, holograms matched with company websites do make sense. Mears is a respected auction house/authenticator and I don't believe you can go wrong with them either. I felt the need to clarify this a bit after re-reading dre's wants/needs.
    Thanks for your thoughts and I just think presentation wise mears is what I wanna go with don't plan on selling it I don't sell what I buy I collect Sheffield only and like I said it's all in presentation when I show off to friends and family and online I'd rather go with a known company than just the opinion of a guy if that's the case I can do the same thing just make up a letter and sign it with my opinion. No offense to Dave I'm sure he is known I see him comment in just about every game used item on this website very knowledgeable but I like to go with a real company thanks to everyone for the help

Have you seen who does LOA's for Goldinauction? It's Dave Miedema. He gives out so much free info and helps people out on this forum, which I Thank him for that! ...he loves what he does!...he doesn't have to, most people are all about $$$$!!

If you're going to keep it. Then why waste the money on a letter to tell you the same thing that people here have already said about the hat.

People in this hobby depend to much on the piece of paper from XYZ company.

Quote Originally Posted by dre707 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and I just think presentation wise mears is what I wanna go with don't plan on selling it I don't sell what I buy I collect Sheffield only and like I said it's all in presentation when I show off to friends and family and online I'd rather go with a known company than just the opinion of a guy if that's the case I can do the same thing just make up a letter and sign it with my opinion. No offense to Dave I'm sure he is known I see him comment in just about every game used item on this website very knowledgeable but I like to go with a real company thanks to everyone for the help
    You don't sell what you buy? Thought I saw somewhere last month you told someone you had a Braves Sheff jersey available?

Anywho, I have a few Sheff bats I'd be willing to part with, including a HR bat. Email me if you're interested.

I was gonna purchase that jersey but never did I started dialysis so I couldn't afford it anymore and was just looking to see what I would of been able to get for it but like I said I never did buy that jersey. Now that I'm really sick I'm trying to get the ultimate game worn item in my opinion a Gary Sheffield game worn jersey but can't afford it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dre707 View Post
    I was gonna purchase that jersey but never did I started dialysis so I couldn't afford it anymore and was just looking to see what I would of been able to get for it but like I said I never did buy that jersey. Now that I'm really sick I'm trying to get the ultimate game worn item in my opinion a Gary Sheffield game worn jersey but can't afford it anymore
    Sorry to hear that you're sick, but your response is really confusing in context. Are you saying that you advertised the Braves jersey for sale before you even owned it yourself? That sounds like "Sports Memorabilia.Com since 1996" style business model.

Oh, as for the hat, it's your money, so spend it as you wish, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to spend $100 to possibly authenticate a hat worth $75 or so that might bring $150-$200 in an auction setting... assuming the right buyers are looking.