Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was this gary sheffield hat game worn?

I purchased this hat on eBay and in pics it does appear used but when I got it in person it looks almost new except for the crease on front it's not dirty on sweatband can you guys tell or need better pics I was gonna send it in to meats for authentication but don't wanna throw $100 authenticating it just to get it back saying it's not game worn any help I appreciatehttp://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1838470&image=850071902&images= 850071902,850071906,850071910,850071915,850071918, 850071925,850071933,850071896&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0&format=0

Banned

Cool Re: Was this gary sheffield hat game worn?

Quote Originally Posted by dre707 View Post
    I purchased this hat on eBay and in pics it does appear used but when I got it in person it looks almost new except for the crease on front it's not dirty on sweatband can you guys tell or need better pics I was gonna send it in to meats for authentication but don't wanna throw $100 authenticating it just to get it back saying it's not game worn any help I appreciatehttp://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1838470&image=850071902&images= 850071902,850071906,850071910,850071915,850071918, 850071925,850071933,850071896&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0&format=0
    Contact me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com . I can save you some $$$ in authenticating fees.

Dave Miedema

Re: Was this gary sheffield hat game worn?

I was trying to see what you guys thought before I sent it in for authenticating so please feel free to post what you think

I hate dealing with Marlins hats from that era. I think the hat is team issued, but it's hard to argue game used v unused without having it in hand. Also, do you know if the hat size is appropriate for Sheff?

Honestly, even if the hat isn't game used, I think it's a nice item.

If you're really concerned about it, send it to Dave Miedema. His fee is likely to be 50-67% lower than MEARS fee, and his opinion is generally respected within the game used community.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I hate dealing with Marlins hats from that era. I think the hat is team issued, but it's hard to argue game used v unused without having it in hand. Also, do you know if the hat size is appropriate for Sheff?

Honestly, even if the hat isn't game used, I think it's a nice item.

If you're really concerned about it, send it to Dave Miedema. His fee is likely to be 50-67% lower than MEARS fee, and his opinion is generally respected within the game used community.
    I actually want a actual coa with pictures of item and place a hologram on item Dave doesn't do that but just write a letter and not everyone is familiar with him that's why I'd rather go through mears

A lot of people in this hobby know Dave and he's one of the best people when it comes to jerseys and stuff.

I actually want a actual coa with pictures of item and place a hologram on item Dave doesn't do that but just write a letter and not everyone is familiar with him that's why I'd rather go through mears
    I disagree, somewhat. Dave doesn't holo or add lots of pictures, but that's more of a technology issue. I think his current LOA includes a single photo of the item.

As for MEARS, I don't really see the value of their holo system. You need to be a MEARS member ($40/yr) to validate the number in order to check the item. To me, that system doesn't exactly make sense. Just my thought on that.

Nothing is wrong with a Dave Miedema LOA! I have some myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with a Dave Miedema LOA! I have some myself!!
    Completely agree, I have a binder with a section dedicated to Dave's LOA's. It's the section before the PSA LOA's

I wanted to add that I completely understand where dre707 is coming from though. While us "die-hards" know Dave and his reputation very well for someone in dre707's situation who may want to market his hat to a wider customer base, holograms matched with company websites do make sense. Mears is a respected auction house/authenticator and I don't believe you can go wrong with them either. I felt the need to clarify this a bit after re-reading dre's wants/needs.