Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Won an auction - now I need your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by SBRBACK View Post
    If you had done your research and asked questions, I would have let you know before-hand. Also, every listing including one of my own where if a jersey is unwashed, it would be listed as "unwashed". Never in my experience of collecting jerseys have a just assumed a jersey comes unwashed. It might be common now, but it is usually included in the listing if it is unwashed, not implied.
    I have to guess what you did to your item? Or maybe you were hoping to sell it without disclosing that you washed it. NFL auctions received it unwashed and subsequently sold it that way. The auction house sold it unwashed. You received it unwashed. You washed it. Then you listed it for sale and didn't mention that fact.

Now now, lets not pretend that you did not call me a joke before I threw anything at you... But anyway, are we not discussing the actual ethics of my listing? I am putting my opinion in as its my right.
    I said "what a joke." I did not call you a joke. The only flippant comment I made was me saying, "you probably wore it too."

Quote Originally Posted by aallanson View Post
    I have to guess what you did to your item? Or maybe you were hoping to sell it without disclosing that you washed it. NFL auctions received it unwashed and subsequently sold it that way. The auction house sold it unwashed. You received it unwashed. You washed it. Then you listed it for sale and didn't mention that fact.
    Listen if you would have asked I would have told you. My listing even states to message me with any questions you may have. I am not a poster to this forum so I guess I don't know washing is bad, all I know is that you bought a game worn jersey with all correct authentication and as far as I'm concerned game usage. In fact I had another jersey up that I had to specify as being "un-washed".

Listen if you would have asked I would have told you. My listing even states to message me with any questions you may have. I am not a poster to this forum so I guess I don't know washing is bad, all I know is that you bought a game worn jersey with all correct authentication and as far as I'm concerned game usage. In fact I had another jersey up that I had to specify as being "un-washed".
    I shouldn't have to ask if you did something to an item that you are selling. You should voluntarily disclose that information because you are the one who knows that you did it. You say you mentioned that one of your other listings you mentioned that the jersey was unwashed. So why wouldn't you put into this listing that you washed the jersey? "Don't worry about the putrid smell, boys. I washed this jersey the second I got it," would have sufficed.

I think the problem is that you are assuming every collector shares your/ this forums jersey preservation etiquette. Like a said earlier I don't read or post here so to me it's the same difference perhaps only compromising the ease of photo-matching.

I think the problem is that you are assuming every collector shares your/ this forums jersey preservation etiquette. Like a said earlier I don't read or post here so to me it's the same difference perhaps only compromising the ease of photo-matching.
    Agree to disagree then.

Re: you not posting here, but it's funny how you mentioned in your message to me on eBay that you "used to post here but haven't in a while." Wonder what your user name here used to be before you responded to this thread under this screen name.

I'm not paying for the jersey. You may as well file your NPB claim with eBay.

Agree to disagree then.

Re: you not posting here, but it's funny how you mentioned in your message to me on eBay that you "used to post here but haven't in a while." Wonder what your user name here used to be before you responded to this thread under this screen name.

I'm not paying for the jersey. You may as well file your NPB claim with eBay.
    Ok Guy I figured such, never tried forcing you to pay me. Just another eBayer buying on impulse and regretting it.

It's not that everyone shares the same thoughts or preservation. Im not comparing the wearing a glove to washing, I'm comparing altering an item as a collector. If you get something autographed after the fact you explain it in a listing, if you had a bat cracked in 2 and had a repair job done to the bat you mention it, if a jersey has had a patch restored it's mentioned, it's your jersey wash it and wear it 100 times but when you go to sell it mention that. That's all I'm saying.

Asked and I would've told you? That sounds like something Mears told me a few yrs ago-- "Oh well if you would've asked we would've told you the bat had deadwood on the back."

I shouldn't need to ask. List it in the description and show a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Asked and I would've told you? That sounds like something Mears told me a few yrs ago-- "Oh well if you would've asked we would've told you the bat had deadwood on the back."

I shouldn't need to ask. List it in the description and show a photo.
    Jesus, well apparently it must be mentioned. Honestly guys, I really don't understand why it matters. I know you guys have purchased game used items from older players and would've been surprised to see it as un-washed. I had thought JoSportsCo had mainstreamed the practice of selling them as such just to market them as more "direct from the field". For example, I would be surprised to find, lets say a Shaun Alexander jersey that was un-washed. Plus, aren't alterations are made to make things a appear more abused and battered rather than washing them and erasing photo matching evidence? Regardless, I will include it as being washed when I resist it. I guess thats all I have to say.