Quote Originally Posted by SBRBACK View Post
Seller here. First of all, I like to keep my listings honest, and I can honestly say that my jersey is a game worn jersey as confirmed by its use, COA, and matching cert. Just because a jersey has been washed doesn't mean it has been somehow "un-used". There is no second-hand damage to the jersey like the cigarette burn in the Blackhawks jersey mentioned before... it was simply washed. Also, in the auction house's description there was no mention of it being un-washed. I was just as surprised when I initially opened the packaging to met by a wave of pungent odor. I have collected a bit of game used jerseys over the years so I know the have a smell but this one was pretty intense. Now I don't know if washing is considered taboo for this community but as a personal collector I just need some proof it was worn in a game for it have value. From what I remember, pre JoSportsCo days it was standard for jerseys to come washed, hence why the more modern game worn jerseys have more usage. Does that mean all the jerseys from 10+ years ago have no value and aren't truly game worn because they are washed?
I wasn't comparing jerseys, I was comparing people wearing and washing jerseys. No that does not mean that the jerseys have no value, it means you altered the jersey from its original state and should of mentioned that. If you bought the jersey washed then so be it. If you altered the jersey you should of mentioned that in the eBay auction. If you were buying a game used fielding glove and I used it for a summer, is it the same value? Not even close, but it's the same glove. Still has value just not the same value. Wouldn't you want to know that I used it(altered it's original state). If you had a brand new item and got dirt on it by dropping it, wouldn't you mention that in an auction? You can compare it to any situation, describe the item to the best of your ability. You might get 10-20 collectors on here that say they wouldn't mind but the majority would want to know that the jersey is washed.