Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hartel Sports - Contacting them?

I know this was brought up a while back, however I though I would ask again.. Has anyone had an success at contact Hartel Sports? I did call one of the gentlemen there a few months ago & he was quite helpful.

Has anyone had any emails answered lately? I sent 2 over the past month & no response.. Since that's the case, if you order on their website (via credit card) is their service fast, or lengthy in time? My concern is that it may go the same route as the returning of emails (I hope not thought)..

Or would a better approach be to send a money order? Anyone have some thoughts?

Sc

Re: Hartel Sports - Contacting them?

Forgot to mention, how updated is that list of items they have on their site?

By the way, I was typing fast in my initial message, please ignore the spelling errors

Sc

Banned

The list is old. Communication is spotty at best. Replies to email are non existant. When you are able to contact them they are helpful. patience is the key. A lot of patience
    howardperch@hotmail.com

their website hasn't been updated since babe ruth left the orphanage.

while their prices are fantastic, i found dealing with them to be a poor experience. unhelpful to say the least. bruce takes brevity to new levels. his emails made me think that his ISP charges him per each word typed. i'm sure others will disagree, but i don't have the patience to deal with them. i'd rather spend more and get some decent service.

if your emails went unanswered for 2 months, then how can you have faith in mailing a money order? you can't even confirm the address! it'd be like sending it to a black hole and praying it all works out.

i've really tired of the amateurish service offered by some in this hobby.

at any rate, 3 emails later and going on to my third month, i'm still waiting for jersey photos from scott welkowsky. here's hoping i get them before they wheel me into a retirement home.

rudy.

Thanks for the info... I'm a bit apprehensive about dropping a payment via credit card, however I suppose I'll attempt to call again at some point.. He'd probably move alot more if the customer service was a bit more organized.

sC

I have ordered items for years off the website via credit card and had no problem. Hartel is wonderful for the collector who doesn't have big bucks but is going for certain styles. I got all three versions of the Brewers late 90's jerseys from them for great prices and home and away 97 Astros jerseys in the same way. They still have those styles available and some classic 90's Pirates jerseys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by topekabob View Post
    I have ordered items for years off the website via credit card and had no problem.
    Good to know! Did you do any recently in the past 1-2 months or so? Since the list is no updated, I'm not even sure if the jerseys i was interested in are even available. I still thinkin of giving it a shot..

Hartel Sports has been around for 30 years and is one of the most honest and honorable dealers in the hobby. Floyd Hartel founded the business with his son, Bruce, in 1977 and have offered some great values over the years. Floyd passed away about 10 years ago, and Bruce and Mike Armstrong are currently running the business.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bruce and Mike have "Daytime Jobs". Bruce runs several businesses in the town of Steeleville, Illinois, and Mike serves as the Mayor in addition to helping run one of those businesses.

I never have any problems getting in touch with Bruce or Mike via the telephone, and I always find them to be very helpful when asking questions. If any of you are having difficulties, be patient as their nice selection and great prices will enhance your collection and keep a few extra bills in the back pocket.

As a 32-year veteran in this hobby, I highly recommend Hartel Sports.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

I haven't contacted them in the last few months but have in the last six months and had no problems. Usually I order on-line and if they don't have the jersey in stock they would email me and not charge the card. I'd email back and get a different jersey. One time, years ago, they sent me the wrong Cincy Reds jersey. I called and they sent me the right one and told me to keep the wrong one because they messed up.
    I also got my home and away 1997 Expos jerseys from them, both game worn and each for $75.

Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll attempt ordering a couple items then, I liked some of the Cardinal jerseys they had, plus their hockey selection was half decent, assuming they are still there..