Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

Re: Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

What is the 12 for? And I don't think the photos in the listing are photo-matches.

Re: Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.

Quote Originally Posted by jeriley23 View Post
    12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.
    I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.
    You don't know much about the Seahawks do you? The 12 is EVERYWHERE here.

And while I think that ball is cool I can't imagine why Russell would get rid of it and if he did I bet he would donate it to an auction and this guy would have better proof than "I got it as a gift."

This guy has been selling presentation balls and game used for quite some time. Some questionable some possible legit. He's got a couple from some big games. Don't see why the players don't keep them and how he ends up getting them?
    He used to have a lot of GU footballs, but for some reason the date codes on the football were always scratched off 😳 making it hard to date the year the ball was issued. And most of what he had to sell had the refs stamp made from a sharpie which is easy to duplicate.

That guy either paints or has the balls painted. Those are not authentic. He buys game balls and has them altered. Been watching those for a while.

Where are the date codes usually located?

I have contacted Connie Cate. We shall see what you says regarding the football.

He had two 49er presentation game balls for sale some time ago. One was a Willis from the last game at the 'stick and the other was a Kapernick. The issue I have with all of them is that they appear to have been painted by the same person which strikes me as odd. Why would the 49ers and Seahawks have presentation game balls painted by the same person? Additionally the 49er LOA that came with each ball was non specific.