Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Larry Walker Expos jersey on eBay (TheCloseoutChamp)

So, I'm bidding on a jersey that I'm pretty sure is a salesman sample. The size is 42, which seems really tiny for Larry Walker, and the tagging is different than any other 1991 Expos powder jersey that I've seen (or any other that year, for that matter).

The tag says "EX 42 91" which I'm interpreting as "extra/example size 42 year 1991". Anyway, so anyone know if this is how Rawlings sample jerseys were tagged in the early 90s? It has the white tag that was used in the late 80s-91.

Re: Larry Walker Expos jersey on eBay (TheCloseoutChamp)

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291569120923

I don't want to throw in a higher bid until I'm sure of what I'm bidding on. If it is team issued (and Walker did wear 42), then I'll likely pop the high bidder up $400 or so, but if it's a salesman sample, I might not even bid anymore.

I knew i had seen that jersey before.

https://www.vsaauctions.com/LotDetai...entoryid=21050

I believe this was a extra jersey and has been customized with Walker's name and number. I remember seeing this type of stuff on other Rawlings jerseys from this era. I think there is a thread somewhere on here about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I knew i had seen that jersey before.

https://www.vsaauctions.com/LotDetai...entoryid=21050
    Okay, so the seller bought it knowing it's not a game jersey. That fits, I suppose. I looked through his other stuff and saw a Jeter trophy bat (line under 125) listed as game used.

This seller is known for .... "I bought the item this way and I did NOT know it was NOT game used, but I will try to sell them as gamer anyway."

Seller got back to me and said he's consigning the item for someone else. I pointed out to him that as the consignee, he acts as the seller for the purposes of the transaction and is legally liable for accurately representing the item. As of this moment, though, the seller knows it's an extra/sample and still has it listed as game issued/worn? in the listing.

Banned

Angry Re: Larry Walker Expos jersey on eBay (TheCloseoutChamp)

You're right...I don't see Walker in a 42, and the tag indicates that its an extra jersey. With the sizing, I don't believe it was worn by Walker, and, apparently, very few do, as the bid, as of when I looked a couple of minutes ago, hadn't even reached $60 yet. You're smart to back off.

Dave Miedema

I also warned the scum bag! Walker never wore any jersey under 46. Even VSA where the jersey was purchased mentions this. Dishonest to the core !

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    You're right...I don't see Walker in a 42, and the tag indicates that its an extra jersey. With the sizing, I don't believe it was worn by Walker, and, apparently, very few do, as the bid, as of when I looked a couple of minutes ago, hadn't even reached $60 yet. You're smart to back off.

Dave Miedema
    It ended over $300, which is actually the most I've ever seen a Walker jersey sell for outside of a Buyer's Premium type of auction. It's definitely the highest hammer price I've seen for one.