Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October Pickups

October Pickups

Some of you may recall last month that I showed the jersey's that the NYPL Aberdeen Ironbirds were wearing on 09/02 to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Cal Ripken Jr. surpassing Lou Gehrig for the most consecutive games played.

They held a silent auction during the game for the jerseys worn that evening and I targeted the jersey of hitting coach Calvin Pickering, because he was the only person in uniform who actually was a teammate of Cal Ripken. Not to mention at size 54, this is easily the largest jersey I own.

After washing them and having Cal sign them all, it finally arrived yesterday:

Re: October Pickups

Nice

Nelson Cruz HR #42
    Attached Images Attached Images  

'02 Adrian Beltre jersey - from one of the shirt off their backs programs thru the Dodgers Dream Foundation

NY Yankees Greg Birds 6th career home run baseball. Was a 2 run homerun(drove in a-rod), hit 440 feet at the trop.

Many thanks to fellow forum member Adam for selling me this autographed Max Unger game used jersey. This is my very first NFL jersey. The only reason that I bought it is because I used to watch Max play high school football here in Hawaii.

I believe that the jersey is from 2011.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wainwright game worn 2015 jersey. Worn for a couple home starts before he was injured.

Banned

Talking Re: October Pickups

Grabbed baseball #1808, a BP baseball from the Royals at the Sox-KC game at the Cell. The ball rolled near me and stuck under the padding in the wall...easy as pie. I'd like to hit 1810 by season's end...that'll mean having a good evening tomorrow night as the Sox host Detroit.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Holy cow. Ive been lucky to get 15 or so game balls, including minor league, and most of those I have bought. Only one is a BP ball, the only one I have been able to snag. Guess I have a long way to go to catch up with you. Hope you get those last two ball this year. Do you have any pictures of your wall of balls? I would love to see how you display all of those.

Banned

Cool Re: October Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Dave,

Holy cow. Ive been lucky to get 15 or so game balls, including minor league, and most of those I have bought. Only one is a BP ball, the only one I have been able to snag. Guess I have a long way to go to catch up with you. Hope you get those last two ball this year. Do you have any pictures of your wall of balls? I would love to see how you display all of those.
    I don't have a "wall of Balls", and generally only keep the ones from games, unless it's a milestone ball (like #1800 was). If you've been to the www.ballhawk.net site run by GUU member Dave Davison, he has a great Wall of Balls picture from his catches on the site.

Dave M.