Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

I saw this auction in my email this morning but once I actually went to the item it doesn't "look right." It looks an awful lot like a store model jersey I already have a few of and the tagging is nothing like the known authentic '83 jersey that I have. The starting price alone made me pause but I do love finding deals on the real thing so I thought I would see what you guys thought.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Game.../301753845595?

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

It looks to be a salesman's sample designed to get the nod on the 1-year Rangers red style. The gamers in that color (and the blue version) were manufactured by Wilson. Rawlings only made the home whites that year.

Dave Miedema

Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

Going based off of memory, I believe they should have the year inside the collar also.

80's Rangers jerseys are some of my favorites.

Banned

Smile Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Going based off of memory, I believe they should have the year inside the collar also.

80's Rangers jerseys are some of my favorites.
    Year and set number in the collar under the Wilson tag.

I do like the red and blue jerseys, and the home whites have a nice, clean, traditional look, as well.

Dave M.

Re: Vintage Game Worn Baseball Uniform Jersey Texas Rangers Buddy Bell Circa 1984??

That Rawlings tag aint stiched all the way round