Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Washington Nationals Patriotic Jersey Tag Question

Hello, can someone please help me understand what the last 3 digits (808 in this example) stands for? I know the first two is the player's number, the next two his jersey size, then the year, but I don't know what the last three numbers mean. I've seen other player's Patriotic jersey with a different 3 digits (Drew Storen's has 515).

Also, this jersey is authenticated as being worn in 2014; how does that relate with the '12 on the tag? Does it mean he wore it for 2 years, or they likely made multiple jerseys in 2012 and "808" is some kind of sequencing?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Washington Nationals Patriotic Jersey Tag Question

I believe 808 is the Nationals team code with majestic. My 2014 Dbacks Mark Grace jersey has code "362" on the next tag -- the entire tag is "2014 362".

I am not sure what the "808" stands for. I have several Nationals jersey from the last 4 years with the following codes, 048, 063, 114, 830, 831, 834, 835 & 838.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Washington Nationals Patriotic Jersey Tag Question

My belief is that this is an inventory number, like the Tigers, Brewers, and a handful of other MLB teams use. It's feasible that an older jersey was used to provide the player with a jersey to wear for this special occasion.

Dave Miedema

Here's the tag from my Kurt Suzuki 2012 Memorial Day jersey.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been told that is an inventory sequence number. It is also the ultimate deterrent against fakes as the team has the registry.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I have been told that is an inventory sequence number. It is also the ultimate deterrent against fakes as the team has the registry.
    That makes the most sense of all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree that it makes most sense to be some sort of inventory number; I got another member who emailed me with the same explanation. This would explain the different numbers on each players' jerseys. Now, if I only could find out the inventory list to see how many jerseys were made for each player...